Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    Did you get the shot?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 95
Go
New
Find
Tools

Did you get the shot?
 Login/Join

forum mediator
Picture of xromad
posted Hide Post
The Negative Waves told me everything I needed to know.

About you.

Tell your doctor right away if any of these rare but very serious side effects occur: neck/back pain, swelling face/arms/hands/feet, chest pain, fast heartbeat, confusion, seizures, loss of consciousness.

Posts: 10638 | Location: Freeland | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xromad:
The Negative Waves told me everything I needed to know.

About you.

Negative waves talk to you? I don't know what they are but must be pretty cool stuff since you say so.

Posts: 1577 | Registered: August 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Chicom>
posted
If the vaccines end up killing more people than the virus I will be just as happy.

My happy face.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Chicom>
posted

<Chicom>
posted
Get the mandatory vax you bigots.

Tard Savior
And the number of Tard Points shall be three. No more, no less.

Picture of To The Left of Crazy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chicom:
Get the mandatory vax you bigots.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="444" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EiEYw5H2IEA" title="YouTube video player" width="790">[/FLASH_VIDEO]

That old motherfucker talked out both sides of his ass.

He mentioned how absolutely safe the vaccine is in one breath, and then in the next breath talked about how the FDA only gave emergency approval for the vaccine and hasn't totally signed off on it's safety yet.

Go fuck yourself Hickock45 wanna be...

Posts: 4249 | Registered: March 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dissimulo
posted Hide Post
Any attempt to mandate vaccines for the general public would be a disaster. It would drive levels of noncompliance that the anti-vax movement could only dream of.

Posts: 3066 | Registered: April 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Chicom>
posted
Don't know about that. Schools will require it, employers will require it, travel will require it. I can see retailers, restaurants, lodging, sporting, and entertainment venues begin to require it.

That's the end run strategy.

Picture of Mr Breeze
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chicom:
Don't know about that. Schools will require it, employers will require it, travel will require it. I can see retailers, restaurants, lodging, sporting, and entertainment venues begin to require it.

That's the end run strategy.

Airlines will not miss out on revenue, look for special "Non Vax" flights once a day.

Kids can not make these decisions for themselves, and most of the Karens have scheduled their kids for the shot, the rest will comply because of the cost of staying home and educating your kid. Kids are screwed.

Employers requiring it? that one will be a bit messy and surely end up in court.

I will frequent the leper bars and restaurants that only we non compliers can enter, they will be there.

Life will go on, I will be a second class citizen, but will still enjoy most of the amenities available.

The only one concern I have is grocery stores, I will need to find a way to bypass the gauntlet if they try to limit access. Oh and I will.

---------------------------
Call me the Breeze -------

Posts: 1175 | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeetcow
Picture of Jefiner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dissimulo:
Any attempt to mandate vaccines for the general public would be a disaster. It would drive levels of noncompliance that the anti-vax movement could only dream of.

This.

Don't pet the fluffy murder cow.

Posts: 4539 | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
There are already mandates, state by state, to vaccinate children. And the exemptions that might have spared you are being chipped away. I expect there will be state by state vaccine mandates for adults, like in New York, but that the feds realize this would not work on a national level because the red states won't tolerate it.

Picture of dissimulo
posted Hide Post
I'm talking about a broad public mandate, not those of employers or govt. agencies. I expect that public schools will mandate as soon as the vaccines pass out of emergency exemption, even though there is not a particularly compelling case for vaccinating children or for sending them to public schools at all for that matter. I expect that many health care providers will mandate it and that does make sense. For employers, it will make sense for some and not for others. But those are all pretty normal at this point and quite a bit different from the idea of a true public mandate. That would be counterproductive, particularly in the current political environment.

Picture of Mr Breeze
posted Hide Post
do we not need to be in a "pandemic" for all these mandates to be substantiated? With 2/3 of the Country now receiving one shot at least, shouldn't we be nearing the end of what a "pandemic" is? Rhetorical I know, but my brain hurts watching all this.

43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
So help me out here. The vaccine does not prevent the virus from taking hold and infecting you, nor does it stop you from spreading it once it does. They don’t know if it does or does not, they say, yet many who got vaccine have been infected afterwards.

So please tell me why I should get the vaccine or need to get it?

Especially since the vaccine comes with just as many dangers as the virus itself does, those dangers I could absolutely avoid by not taking the vaccine. I mean, why? Why chance the dangers when I don’t need to?

My easy-going nature is gettin' sorely fuckin' tested.

Posts: 9750 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr Breeze
posted Hide Post
MAN DA TORY

https://www.wbaltv.com/article...ns-for-fall/36209227

Picture of dissimulo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Traitor Vic:
So help me out here. The vaccine does not prevent the virus from taking hold and infecting you, nor does it stop you from spreading it once it does. They don’t know if it does or does not, they say, yet many who got vaccine have been infected afterwards.

Especially since the vaccine comes with just as many dangers as the virus itself does, those dangers I could absolutely avoid by not taking the vaccine. I mean, why? Why chance the dangers when I don’t need to?

The vaccine prevents you from getting seriously ill. That is the main reason. It also dramatically reduces the spread of the virus, although not to zero. These are pretty normal expectations with a vaccine.

Side effects are comparatively rare, so it really depends on your state of health. If you are under 50 and healthy and don't come in frequent contact with vulnerable people, the case for taking the vaccine is not much more compelling that the case for taking the influenza vaccine. If you are over 50 or have health conditions that make you vulnerable, the stats make it overwhelmingly clear that the vaccine is the right choice. Most of the dangers are Internet fantasies, although not all of them. No vaccine is without risk. Not being vaccinated is also not without risk. The risk of the latter is proportionally greater than the former though.

Picture of Mr Breeze
posted Hide Post
quote:

It also dramatically reduces the spread of the virus, although not to zero.

Sources Please?

I do not recall reading this anywhere. Also, feel free to explain the functionality that reduces the spread to near zero. Serious question.

43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dissimulo:
quote:
Originally posted by Traitor Vic:

The vaccine prevents you from getting seriously ill. That is the main reason. It also dramatically reduces the spread of the virus, although not to zero. These are pretty normal expectations with a vaccine.

Side effects are comparatively rare, so it really depends on your state of health. If you are under 50 and healthy and don't come in frequent contact with vulnerable people, the case for taking the vaccine is not much more compelling that the case for taking the influenza vaccine. If you are over 50 or have health conditions that make you vulnerable, the stats make it overwhelmingly clear that the vaccine is the right choice. Most of the dangers are Internet fantasies, although not all of them. No vaccine is without risk. Not being vaccinated is also not without risk. The risk of the latter is proportionally greater than the former though.

Sorry, I do not believe any of that. I feel like you just quoted Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi.

Just talk and no proof. Anyone can talk. And most fools do the most of it.

Hell, John Kerry stated we needed to remove Carbon Dioxide from the atmosphere. Any ideas of what happens to us if that occurred?

Talk, stupid talk from stupid people. No proof, or facts, just words.

My easy-going nature is gettin' sorely fuckin' tested.

Posts: 9750 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Breeze:
feel free to explain the functionality that reduces the spread to near zero.

A sterilizing vaccine would do it. We don't have any sterilizing vaccines. Bossche's hope is that a Natural Killer cell vaccine could be developed. Something that taps into our innate immune system.

<Chicom>
posted
Arkansas woman says she was fired for refusing to get COVID-19 vaccine

https://www.fox16.com/news/loc...et-covid-19-vaccine/