Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    HBO Puts Trigger Warning on 'Blazing Saddles'
Go
New
Find
Tools

HBO Puts Trigger Warning on 'Blazing Saddles'
 Login/Join

posted
This is one of the funniest movies I've ever watched! What a bunch of idiots.

https://hotair.com/headlines/2...ing-saddles-n3782742

In Case You Hadn't Heard, HBO Now Has a Trigger Warning If You Want to Watch 'Blazing Saddles'
JORDAN RUIMY FROM WORLD OF REEL 3:55 PM | February 11, 2024

We all love “Blazing Saddles,” a groundbreaking 1974 comedy from director Mel Brooks that featured a black sheriff in a racist town and had an abundance of politically incorrect, racially-driven jokes.

I was, sadly, inevitably, waiting for this day to arrive, but Brooks’ satirical masterpiece, one of the great comedies of the 20th century, has now been stamped with a trigger warning (via Christian Toto).

HBO Max, the streaming platform that canceled “Gone With The Wind,” is at it again — they just slapped “Blazing Saddles” with a nauseating pre-film PSA. If you want to watch “Blazing Saddles,” you will have to watch an introduction by TCM’s Jacqueline Stewart, who is the channel’s expert on film preservation and “representation.” Here’s part of her speech to the viewer:

BEEGE WELBORN
I fart in HBO's general direction.

Also why I have about 8 trigger-warning-free copies of this on DVD and BluRay safe in my cupboard. Cold, dead fingers, baby.

Cold, dead fingers.

Posts: 402 | Location: Southern Born! | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Tard Savior
And the number of Tard Points shall be three. No more, no less.

Picture of To The Left of Crazy
posted Hide Post
This is my favorite scene. I reference it at least every week or so to my wife...

"Hey...where are the white women at?!?"

Posts: 4249 | Registered: March 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diner Gradgrinder
Picture of Ginger Quill
posted Hide Post
lmao

I saw that movie in high school and didn't understand a lot of the humor. I just watched it a couple of months ago and I appreciate it much more now.

Trigger warning. I'm surprised the entire movie hasn't been blacked out or banned by now. Oops, I said blacked out.

Posts: 899 | Registered: August 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brutus
posted Hide Post

I am Brutus. Or, Lord Brutus if you prefer.

Posts: 2851 | Location: southwest Mississippi | Registered: August 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can find many YouTube’s of young black guys and women watching this..
They almost get offended sometimes but after a couple minutes they get just how satirical this is and just one of the funniest movies ever made.

Posts: 2684 | Location:  | Registered: April 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post