Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    My Life is Almost Over...
Go
New
Find
Tools

My Life is Almost Over...
 Login/Join

Fifth Column Freeper
Picture of MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS
posted
My life is almost over.
Poster Handle FROM GLP
I own a 240K house.
I have 500K in the bank.
I'm getting 28K from SS
but I'm 65. There is really nothing for me to live for.

I don't care about anything, I have no friends or family. Nobody ever calls me.

My house is falling apart because I'm too lazy to give a shit. My car is 15 years old and I'm too lazy to get a new one.

I don't want a pet. I watch TV and I exercise. I only drink on weekends at night. I quit getting high. I bought a guitar but I can't really play it.

I know some women, but frankly at this age...they are not fuckable.

I live in the dreary Midwest in a boring city.

Except for going to Walmart and Kroger after I work out, there just isn't much for me to do.

I haven't worked for five years so I haven't bought any new clothes for 5 years, except for some shoes, socks and underwear. I mostly sit around in sweatpants and lounge pants. I go a week sometimes without putting on jeans or pants.

Most people would look at me from afar and think I've got it made. But the futility of my life stares me in the face, and if I look at my past, it is nothing but mistakes and regrets.

Thanks for listening.

Please verify you're human:

Posts: 12206 | Registered: September 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
Advice???

Picture of dissimulo
posted Hide Post
Buy a .45.

Or, you know, get a hobby. One of those.

I didn't have kids. I never wanted kids. I still don't and I don't regret it. I recognize that means there is something wrong with me. Frankly, there is more than one thing wrong with me. But, you play the cards you are dealt as best you can. I find ways to keep life interesting, but I realize that there comes a point in most peoples' lives where family is really the only thing left to give a shit about.

And that's why I own a .45.

Posts: 3066 | Registered: April 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FWIW:
I can totally relate and feel the person's anguish. As far as advice, the best thing I found was to find someone/anyone in a worse situation than me and HELP THEM.
Amazing how blessed you realize your life is when you find people in much more dire straits. Bonus: you might find a friend or two when you get involved, too.
Do what, for example?
Volunteer at a homeless shelter. Or a food bank. Or boys/girls club. Help the old lady down the street cut her grass, pull the weeds. Find a community garden and plant a tomato and some carrots.
So many people in need today...so few willing to stick their hand out...

The greatest prison people live in, is the fear of what other people think.

Posts: 22 | Registered: January 27, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThatNameIsTaken:
FWIW:
I can totally relate and feel the person's anguish. As far as advice, the best thing I found was to find someone/anyone in a worse situation than me and HELP THEM.
Amazing how blessed you realize your life is when you find people in much more dire straits. Bonus: you might find a friend or two when you get involved, too.
Do what, for example?
Volunteer at a homeless shelter. Or a food bank. Or boys/girls club. Help the old lady down the street cut her grass, pull the weeds. Find a community garden and plant a tomato and some carrots.
So many people in need today...so few willing to stick their hand out...

This is a good idea. How many of us in a deep depression has the get up and go to actually pull ourselves out of the pit and do this? So far, I don't & haven't.
Thanks for your thoughts on it though. It does put a bit of hope and light at the end of the tunnel. (Hope that light ain't a train!)

Posts: 402 | Location: Southern Born! | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
Getting old
(according to my observations)
is difficult

...so many variables come into play it becomes mind boggling.

1. Mind and body in decline.
2. Dealing with family members who have 'agendas'
3. Health issues
4. Financial problems
5. Lonelines
6. Communication
7. The WILL..
(B)should the dog get it all??(/b)

posted Hide Post
Depression is a deep black hole that is very very hard to climb out of. Been there done that. It's hard. Sometimes it's just too damn hard..
One stupid little thing happened that turned my life around, and I pray that you find something similar. I was at walmart, right before Christmas (Christmas is the worst, don't I know it) and the lady in front of me was trying really hard not to cry cuz she did not have enough money to pay for her purchases. And she didn't know what to put back. So I gave her what she was short - it wasn't much. And she thanked me several times and waved as she went out the door. Oh God, how I felt good inside right then.
And that one little act of kindness turned my life around.
Blessings to you, whoever you are.

The greatest prison people live in, is the fear of what other people think.

Posts: 22 | Registered: January 27, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When life is no longer worth living I will follow the Hunter S Thompson guide to peace and tranquility.

Posts: 2684 | Location:  | Registered: April 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThatNameIsTaken:
Depression is a deep black hole that is very very hard to climb out of. Been there done that. It's hard. Sometimes it's just too damn hard..
One stupid little thing happened that turned my life around, and I pray that you find something similar. I was at walmart, right before Christmas (Christmas is the worst, don't I know it) and the lady in front of me was trying really hard not to cry cuz she did not have enough money to pay for her purchases. And she didn't know what to put back. So I gave her what she was short - it wasn't much. And she thanked me several times and waved as she went out the door. Oh God, how I felt good inside right then.
And that one little act of kindness turned my life around.
Blessings to you, whoever you are.

Thumbs Up

Posts: 402 | Location: Southern Born! | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Can Go Wrong
Picture of Charlie
posted Hide Post
With this damned kidney disease I went through a period of depression. Got over it. I may not have a lot of time left on this planet but I am enjoying every day with my family and grandkids. Traveling is a pain. Need to be within reach of a dialysis center but there are plenty.

Obama Sucks!

Posts: 12194 | Registered: May 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
With this damned kidney disease I went through a period of depression. Got over it. I may not have a lot of time left on this planet but I am enjoying every day with my family and grandkids. Traveling is a pain. Need to be within reach of a dialysis center but there are plenty.

Sending prayers your way Charlie.

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
Charlie...get back home asap.

1003 Tard Points
Picture of Jemima
posted Hide Post
Get a new hobby so you can dump the pity party life.

Volunteer at the Senior Center and grow psylocibin mushrooms in your closet.

Posts: 1584 | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigbadbossydawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS:
Advice???

I know some women, but frankly at this age...they are not fuckable.

Yes, they look at a slob and say "I don't want to fuck you." I'm a magnet to such men. I'm a seasoned senior, geezer decided to talk sex with me in the ice cream department. I think I was talking to the guy who has no life. He thought he'd get a rise out of me, but I left him with his mouth wide open. He said to me "women don't like to fuck any more." I said "why should men are fat, unshaved, smelly, no couth." I smiled and walked off.

Posts: 1508 | Registered: September 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigbadbossydawg
posted Hide Post
Unrelated but I'm going to tell it because it's rich.

I was in WalMart, ready to checkout. I was next in line, cashier didn't even acknowledge me. She was busy looking over at another employee, carrying on with him, laughing, not paying attention to me or checking out my stuff. I said to her "who are you laughing with?" She said "him over there." I said "oh is he flirting with you?" She said NO! He's gay! My biggie was coming up! I said "why are you telling a customer the sexual orientation of another employee?" She said "why it's a normal thing!" People standing behind me heard me say this: "So, you think a man sticking his dick into another man's ass is normal? You are one sick puppy!" OH MY! She couldn't compose herself, finished with me and I told her I was going to speak with the manager. She didn't care. Well, she got fired. I feel complete. Big Grin

PS She was in her early 20's. This is how the younger generation rolls.

Posts: 1508 | Registered: September 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brutus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigbadbossydawg:
Unrelated but I'm going to tell it because it's rich.

I was in WalMart, ready to checkout. I was next in line, cashier didn't even acknowledge me. She was busy looking over at another employee, carrying on with him, laughing, not paying attention to me or checking out my stuff. I said to her "who are you laughing with?" She said "him over there." I said "oh is he flirting with you?" She said NO! He's gay! My biggie was coming up! I said "why are you telling a customer the sexual orientation of another employee?" She said "why it's a normal thing!" People standing behind me heard me say this: "So, you think a man sticking his dick into another man's ass is normal? You are one sick puppy!" OH MY! She couldn't compose herself, finished with me and I told her I was going to speak with the manager. She didn't care. Well, she got fired. I feel complete. Big Grin

PS She was in her early 20's. This is how the younger generation rolls.

I love getting testy with that type.

My usual approach is, "Hey! Hey you! The work is over here!" --- along with a very hateful glare. And I have a really good hateful glare.

1mad2

I am Brutus. Or, Lord Brutus if you prefer.

Posts: 2851 | Location: southwest Mississippi | Registered: August 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post