Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    Big cat attack: 1 dead, 1 critically injured
Go
New
Find
Tools

Big cat attack: 1 dead, 1 critically injured
 Login/Join

posted
5 miles from us

2 adult brothers (18 & 21) were antler shed hunting; no further details available yet. The older brother was dragged away and subsequently discovered with the cat when rescue arrived. They killed the cat at the scene.

Big cats commonly hunt where we are, day or night. A few years ago (daytime) I had the displeasure of listening to a fawn being taken while its mom repeatedly ran toward, then away, wanting to save her baby. It was awful, albeit nature's way. Bears are here also but they're only interested in trash, chickens, goats, etc.

Very sad Frown

>>>

"LIVE! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!" Auntie Mame

>>>

I never asked for trust funds. They were thrust upon me. Have pity.

<<<

Posts: 5698 | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It may be nature's way but I would kill every crocodile in the world if I could. I see no good use for them and I can't stand those suckers.
Also, I don't like monkeys, apes, whatever of any kind. They are thieves and they will bite the crap out of you if you let them.
JMHO

Posts: 400 | Location: Southern Born! | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1003 Tard Points
Picture of Jemima
posted Hide Post
It's kitten season. These guys missed the catcalls that are the equivalent of, "Get off my lawn!" Now there are orphans out there.

A tragedy for everyone.

Posts: 1584 | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
90# male, taken to UC Davis, will get report whenever it's released

>>>

"LIVE! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!" Auntie Mame

>>>

<<<

Yeetcow
Picture of Jefiner
posted Hide Post
not blaming the kids here. At all. But it is so easy to forget the the great outdoors isn't Jellystone.

Even here in the desert when I mountain bike or hike I carry a pistol, pepper/bear spray and either a hiking pole or a collapsing baton. All are compact and don't weigh much. A blast of bear spray may have slowed that cat down.

Don't pet the fluffy murder cow.

Posts: 4536 | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Can Go Wrong
Picture of Charlie
posted Hide Post
When I was in my early 20's they had made it open season on those bastards. Prior to that the bunny huggers had put them on the save at all costs lists. A local Wisconsin taxidermist got their paws on a bunch of them. I had a part time job skinning them out for mounting. Did dozens.

Obama Sucks!

Posts: 12194 | Registered: May 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
the great outdoors isn't Jellystone

Absolutely. The great thing on the property here is having horses and LGDs. The dogs are at your heels or sitting/watching you every second. The horses follow us around acting like puppies. We're by nature in sync with them and know when something catches their eye. Plus, they're Mustangs. They don't run from predators, they attack them.

A few years ago one of our Mustangs not only screamed to high heaven waking us up, she ran a lion down 10 acres to and over the fence. We figured that out the next morning by following the tracks in the mud. The lion did get a huge chunk of wool out of a ewe which grew back.

I won't walk or bike up here, which REALLY sux. The bears and cats seem to ignore that nocturnal thing. They're not afraid of people. A couple years ago a neighbor lost a house cat to a lion. Three people in their driveway, about to go into the house and a big cat ran through, swooping away the little cat that was right in front of them. The foxes are ok though. They come up and eat dog poop. Thumbs Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: raisedbypoodles,

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
When I was in my early 20's they had made it open season on those bastards. Prior to that the bunny huggers had put them on the save at all costs lists. A local Wisconsin taxidermist got their paws on a bunch of them. I had a part time job skinning them out for mounting. Did dozens.

Here they're protected and grossly overpopulated. They set 'counts' of lions even though it's impossible to get anything close to a true count. I doubt they even want a true count. I think they make it up to suit their objectives. It's BS.

Taxidermy! I make things out of hides. Not cats, that's illegal. I'm not certain but I've been told that if you (for good reason) obtain a depredation(?) permit you can go though a ton of red tape afterwards to keep the hide. I can't even make rattlesnake jewelry any more. It's illegal. WTF. You can kill them, eat them, or just bury them, but noooooo wearing rattles, no no. Mad

I do skulls too, museum quality. I can only do it in the summer because I use maggots to clean them down to the bone. Those nasty things leave even the intricate sinus cavities of the smallest animals clean as a whistle. Thumbs Up

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
Mad this is fked up (didn't watch/listen to it) media has zero respect, zero integrity. just because it's legal doesn't mean it's right.

>>>

>>>

<<<