Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    Do Not Click On This Thread
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Tools

Do Not Click On This Thread
 Login/Join

Fifth Column Freeper
Picture of MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS
posted
Massive sun spot w heavy magnetic differences just turned towards earth look!

[link to spaceweather.com (secure)]
Trending Now

Posts: 12206 | Registered: September 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
Who dared to click on this thread...for shame.

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
Earthquake coming.

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
Bad dreams...heavy premonitions..

posted Hide Post
I have no choice, but as long as I'm here...

>>>

"LIVE! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!" Auntie Mame

>>>

I never asked for trust funds. They were thrust upon me. Have pity.

<<<

Posts: 5726 | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
https://spaceweather.com/

This one on tap for tomorrow is from a couple days ago; not very significant, hit or miss forecast.

quote:
GEOMAGNETIC STORM WATCH (G1): Minor G1-class geomagnetic storms are possible on Feb. 9th when a CME is expected to pass close to Earth. The storm would require not just a near miss, but an actual glancing blow. The asymmetric shape of the CME suggests either outcome is possible, making this a coin-flip forecast.

The one to watch is AR3576. you can see it on the eastern face of the sun. (left side in pic above)

quote:
A sunspot big enough to see from Mars is now turning to face Earth. NASA's Perseverance rover on Mars first noticed the sprawling sunspot group last week, photographing it using the rover's MASTCAM. It was a behemoth then, and it has only grown bigger since...

From end to end, the sunspot group stretches more than 150,000 km with at least 4 dark cores larger than Earth...

AR3576 is big, yes, but of even greater interest is the sunspot's magnetic complexity. This magnetic map from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory shows a mixture of polarities in the sunspot's core...

Opposite polarities bumping together can cause explosive magnetic reconnection. Indeed, NOAA forecasters say this sunspot poses a threat for strong X-class solar flares--and Earth is directly in the line of fire.

Link to pic: https://spaceweather.com/image...C_lab_crop_strip.jpg

>>>

"LIVE! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!" Auntie Mame

>>>

<<<

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
Great post...tnx for the info.

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
According to scientists, every 11 years, the sun goes through a cycle where its magnetic poles (North and South) reverse or switch places.

The sun’s poles last flipped in 2013, so the next event is on schedule to take place this year, according to Vox.com.

Scientists say there’s no need to panic. It’s not a sign of the apocalypse. You won’t even notice it when the flip happens. But it’s not the pole reversal itself that’s the main cause for concern.
With the sun’s surface growing more active, serious anomalies can happen. While that’s great news for amateur astronomers who are set to see some amazing solar fireworks through their telescopes, it could be bad news for power grids and communication satellites circling the Earth.

There’s already intense magnetic activity now happening on the sun’s surface that marks a kind of lead-in that comes before the poles’ reversal.

“We are indeed seeing the sun more active than it’s been in probably something like 20 years,” Paul Charbonneau, a solar physicist at the University of Montreal, told Vox.

It’s during these peak periods of solar activity that the sun’s fireworks grow larger.

“When the magnetic energy content of the sun is a lot larger, that’s when you tend to get more solar flares, more {coronal} mass ejections — more fun stuff,” Charbonneau said.

It’s these Coronal Mass Ejections (CME) that hurl charged matter out across the solar system like a giant shotgun, resulting in a potentially disruptive solar storm.
[link to endtimeheadlines.org (secure)]

3 days of darkness coming.
Trending Now

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
Quake within next72 hrs.

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
Updated to 6.3...earthquake...Hawaii

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
This was a rocker just now kids!
1:47 pm PCT
Gotta be a 5 plus!

Los Angeles!

Last Edited by Oldcrow64 on 02/09/2024 04:50 PM
Greetings from Camp Bader-Ginsberg. Weather is fine, wish you were here.
Up the Voltage!

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS:
Gotta be a 5 plus!

Los Angeles!

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS:
Gotta be a 5 plus!

Los Angeles!

posted Hide Post
I only clicked cuz I thought I saw the poodle come in here. I swear I wasn't being nosy and I didn't read anything about flipping poles or spots or nuthin'.

The greatest prison people live in, is the fear of what other people think.

Posts: 22 | Registered: January 27, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post

quote:
THE FIRST CME HAS ARRIVED: The first of potentially several incoming CMEs hit Earth today at 0230 UT. The initial impact was so weak it was almost undetectable. Nevertheless, geomagnetic unrest is building as Earth moves deeper into the CME's wake. Another, stronger impact will be necessary to push Earth's magnetic field into a state of full-fledged storming. NOAA forecast models suggest that could happen later today. CME Impact alerts: SMS Text

YESTERDAY'S EXPLOSIONS--ALL OF THEM: Yesterday, Feb. 12th, the sun produced 9 solar flares (one was almost an X-flare) and multiple filament eruptions. Senol Sanli of Bursa, Turkey, combined all of them into a single 24-hour image:

"This is every explosion on Feb. 12th as recorded by NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory," he explains. "I made this composite view using the observatory's 304 Å images, which show plasma at a temperature of 50,000 K."

The circled explosion, with the intense central bright spot, is the source of an ongoing S1-class radiation storm. As Solar Max approaches, days like this will become more common. Stay tuned.

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
Thank God the Sun is still working.

Posts: 2684 | Location:  | Registered: April 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post

quote:
AN X-FLARE FROM 'THE DANGER ZONE': Sunspot AR3576 erupted today (0653 UT) producing a brief but intense X2.5-class solar flare.

quote:
As these images show, AR3576 is near the sun's western limb, no longer facing Earth. You might think that means our planet is safely outside the line of fire. In fact, the opposite is true. AR3576 is entering a 'danger zone' where the sun and Earth are magnetically connected.

The magnetic connection between Earth and AR3576 allowed this pulse to reach us despite the fact that the sunspot is not facing our planet. Notably, the pulse was relatively rich in "hard protons" with energies > 50 MeV, which are effective at upsetting satellite electronics.

Another X-flare from AR3576 this weekend could trigger a full-fledged radiation storm. Possible effects include high-latitude radio blackouts, fogged cameras on Earth-orbiting satellites, and elevated levels of radiation on commercial air flights.

Sunspots located near the sun's western limb are magnetically connected to Earth. The sun's magnetic field spirals around like a lawn sprinker--a shape known as the "Parker spiral."

AR3576 is now in the "danger zone." If there is a big eruption this weekend, debris may be funneled back to Earth by the Parker spiral. The resulting radiation storm could pepper satellites with high-energy protons, fogging cameras and causing reboots of onboard electronics.

more at link

>>>

>>>

<<<

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
Yesterday earth took 4 G@mm@ R@y B4rsts in one day. The sun let off 1 x-flare 2 m-flares and 4 large c-flares. These are all separate actions.

The G@mm@ R@y B4rsts will turn the heat up on earth's inner core. So an increase in geological activity in a day or two as the heat causes magm@ expansion. The usual likely spots are suspect with a couple of new players, M0sc0w and DC (the explosion at the residence is an example). The new players will be explained as w@r sabotage by msm. Iceland, God loves you, troubles are afoot.

The sun's activity will be glancing to earth with most of the spatter heading out to space. More pretty auroras in the meantime. This should be arriving in 48-72 hours.

The sun is putting out so many flares that it is starting to go into overload. The baseline of C2 is barely being held onto. All that plasma is not normal.

This m-flare may be earth facing.

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
X-Class Solar Flare just erupted from the large northern sunspots.

It appears to be an impulsive flare, with an energetic blast of X-ray energy the size of the earth.

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
AT&T out...nationwide