Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    Weakly prepped 4/29/2024
Go
New
Find
Tools

Weakly prepped 4/29/2024
 Login/Join

Yeetcow
Picture of Jefiner
posted
Still monitoring current events with a jaundiced eye, but continuing with the prepping.

Canned 12 quarts of chicken bone broth and 10 pints of chicken. Those Costco rotisserie chickens rock. Also getting ready for some pickling and tomatoes.

Bought a couple of boxes of hollowpoint .380 for my mutant carry weapon (Browning BDA, the bastard child of three companies; if you know, you know).

rotating through some older preps (tuna etc.) and delegating some for dog food. Those three will eat anything lol.

I have a tiny garden and with hot weather coming it will go dormant. Wondering about bringing the tomato plants inside?

Don't pet the fluffy murder cow.

Posts: 4545 | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fifth Column Freeper
Picture of MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefiner:
Still monitoring current events with a jaundiced eye, but continuing with the prepping.

Canned 12 quarts of chicken bone broth and 10 pints of chicken. Those Costco rotisserie chickens rock. Also getting ready for some pickling and tomatoes.

Bought a couple of boxes of hollowpoint .380 for my mutant carry weapon (Browning BDA, the bastard child of three companies; if you know, you know).

rotating through some older preps (tuna etc.) and delegating some for dog food. Those three will eat anything lol.

I have a tiny garden and with hot weather coming it will go dormant. Wondering about bringing the tomato plants inside?

More power to ya Charlie

Posts: 12207 | Registered: September 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1/2 cracker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefiner:

I got my own crowd.....6 farm dogs over 100lbs.....plus a host of other critters. Nuttin' goes to waste here

Here's a view out the kitchen door [dramatization, but true !]

Posts: 124 | Registered: September 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeetcow
Picture of Jefiner
posted Hide Post
1rock1

posted Hide Post
quote:
Those Costco rotisserie chickens rock

The conversation between me and my wife usually goes as follows on Saturday afternoon... "What do you want to eat tonight?" Me, "I don't know what do you want to eat?" Her, I don't know what do you want to eat." --and so on. So we pull over to Costco and get one of those chickens.

Posts: 9430 | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How old is too old for canned tuna? Found a couple cans that got misplaced and shoved way back on the bottom shelf of the pantry from 2016.
What say the UB team? Yay or nay?

The greatest prison people live in, is the fear of what other people think.

Posts: 25 | Registered: January 27, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeetcow
Picture of Jefiner
posted Hide Post
The nose knows. If it is bulgy or smells bad, toss it. The cans I am using are from 2014 and are certainly edible, but a little fishy smelling. The dogs love them lol. They are finding their inner cat.

posted Hide Post
Thank you!
Reckon the dogs will be getting surf & turf for breakfast tomorrow - ground beef & hopefully the really old tuna

The greatest prison people live in, is the fear of what other people think.

Posts: 25 | Registered: January 27, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1003 Tard Points
Picture of Jemima
posted Hide Post
It's bottling time at my place. Everything has aged nicely and I've sanitized the bottles.

The rum developed a smooth caramel essence, and tastes tests rate it above a top shelf black rum from the store.

Raspberry brandy is off the charts!

I decided brandy, even though more work, is the most economical preservation and storage wise for fruit.

Also have about 10 gallons of blackberry wine that's been aging for years that needs bottling. I don't know yet if it's fine wine or vinegar.

Meanwhile, the herbal elixirs are holding up, so I have room for a new creation, I will have absinthe perking in a tank right after I finish bottling everything else.

I wanna get it all done and have a couple months of summer before harvest season begins again. Meanwhile, if the bombs drop, I'll be serving medicinal cocktails and telling people, "Calm the fuck down, it's not the end of the world!"

The puppy is 6 months old today. Still no potty accidents or significant damages. I still haven't raised my voice or smacked him with a paper. He was born to be good, but we'll see how the next 6 months goes. I suspect he will be a remote control dog at some point, but he's already a perfect trail companion.

It's still too early to poke seeds in the ground, the orchard is in full bloom, the bees are buzzing, birds are singing, and the pollen is blowing. Plants and starts fill my windowsills. I still have hope for the future.

Posts: 1586 | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
Has anyone here heard of or used Russian Shungite to purify their water?

It also keeps the ugly frequencies away from routers.

Just heard about it. Might buy some small pebbles to purify water. Destroys bacteria and viruses.

Oh, of course, like everything else, it’s out there on Amazon.

Carry on…

My easy-going nature is gettin' sorely fuckin' tested.

Posts: 9752 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
Oh, wanted to add, I lost my female terrier sweetheart, she was 12 years old, due to kidney disease that popped up immediately after we got internet fiber and new router.

We cried our eyes out for two weeks, then another post on a local board appeared about a lost puppy no one claimed. We went to get him, he looked EXACTLY like our newly deceased girl terrier. We fell in love with this 6 month old male. He had no chip, no ID, just appeared.

He is a mix of a Parson’s Russell terrier. He is an equal lover and demon. Heavy on the demon, he wants to play with my 10 year old Maltese poodle mix. She says hell no.

We are keeping them separated until he calms down. He has energy out the ass. We have to walk him three times daily and of course, this has made us more active, a blessing.

We have named him Skipper, yeah, not sure why.

My easy-going nature is gettin' sorely fuckin' tested.

Posts: 9752 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1003 Tard Points
Picture of Jemima
posted Hide Post
Shungite appears to be coal.

While it may have uses and benefits, it also has heavy metals, that may outweigh the benefits.

Sorry you lost your little dog, TV. I'm glad there was a little buddy to step in and fill the hole in your life. Skipper is a great name for a happy, busy dog.

My puppy's name is Hork because I have strange kids, and it fits.

Posts: 1586 | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post