New
Find
Tools

clickables
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
The magical theremin

>>>

"LIVE! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!" Auntie Mame

>>>

I never asked for trust funds. They were thrust upon me. Have pity.

<<<

Posts: 6180 | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
We nearly died of starvation

>>>

"LIVE! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!" Auntie Mame

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
The good good life

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
Poor sad Dad day

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
Relationships

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
The dishwasher

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
mini-melon vs ancient samurai technique... so smooth!

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
Flight of the matador

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
Tesla: It's a trap!

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
Bacon pancakes

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
Squirrel got in again!!!

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raisedbypoodles:
The magical theremin

If you were curious about the origin and history of the theremin:

From the original post where I found the video:

quote:
In this orchestra, a woman plays an instrument called the theremin: it is a quantum instrument that is played only with the energy of the hands, an instrument that forms a magnetic field and is played untouched.
Only three countries in the world have music schools that teach theremin playing: Russia, Japan and Ireland. The theremin was invented by Leon Theremin, a Russian who introduced it to Lenin in 1920, who was impressed by its sound.

quote:
From Solari Report: "The theremin is a fascinating instrument that is played without physical contact. One of the very first electronic musical instruments, it was invented in 1920 by Russian electrical engineering genius Leon Theremin, whose life and inventions, it turns out, have eye-opening relevance to many electronic military applications, from eavesdropping to mind control. For example, Theremin worked with neurologist Ivan Pavlov on hypnosis and invented gas-filled lamps as measuring devices, as well as the first motion detector. His listening device, “The Thing,” hung for seven years undetected in the American Embassy in Moscow, feeding sound and conversations to the Russian listeners.

The musical instrument named after Theremin was a byproduct of Russian research into electronic proximity sensors. Its two antennas act as capacity sensors, translating hand movements over each antenna into pitch and volume, respectively. The sounds produced are certainly electronic but still have an eerie “organic” beauty that surpasses much of the music generated by modern synthesizers."

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
What are the chances? One in a trillion?

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
Magic carpet ride

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
That's not allowed indoors!

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
A mortgage and 3 ex wives

>>>

>>>

<<<

1003 Tard Points
Picture of Jemima
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1625 | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
How to get adopted

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
The truest true love

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
You had one job

>>>

>>>

<<<