Uncle Bob's
Eclipse 4-8-24

This topic can be found at:
https://unclebobs.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8971047813/m/1457005107

April 08, 2024, 11:37
Cankerblossom
Eclipse 4-8-24
Well we're all still here.
The earth didn't fly off into space, aliens didn't attack earth from behind the eclipse, the Rapture hasn't happened (that I know of), we didn't crack into pieces, theres no days of darkness like some said (lmao really?)

No DOOM today people sorry

Does anything rhyme with orange?
April 08, 2024, 13:29
Brutus
An employee and I got to see a bit of it about 10 minutes before the prime time of about 88% totality they were forecasting for here.

It was very cloudy all morning but we got about a 3-5 minute window when the clouds moved aside at about 1:40 PM central time.

We each looked at it for a minute or so through the lens of a welding hood and thought, "Well that's neat."

I guess Maximus is hiding in a dark basement someplace, sticking bananas up his ass in a panic.

lmao

I am Brutus. Or, Lord Brutus if you prefer.
April 08, 2024, 18:22
Ginger Quill
I'm not sure where we were in coverage (Greenville) but it was very cool to watch it with the special glasses. The eeriness of a somewhat darkness that started about 3PM? Not total darkness. It reminded me of how obscured the sun would become from the smoke of the fires we had in AZ. Crescent shaped shadows from the trees on the ground. Everyone looked up, instead of down, lol. When is the next one?
April 08, 2024, 19:28
sunny225
quote:
Originally posted by Ginger Quill:
I'm not sure where we were in coverage (Greenville) but it was very cool to watch it with the special glasses. The eeriness of a somewhat darkness that started about 3PM? Not total darkness. It reminded me of how obscured the sun would become from the smoke of the fires we had in AZ. Crescent shaped shadows from the trees on the ground. Everyone looked up, instead of down, lol. When is the next one?

August 2045 is what I heard.