Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    Off to Florida
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Tools

Off to Florida
 Login/Join

Yeetcow
Picture of Jefiner
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have this woman called "The Shrimp Lady".

Must be the sister of The Fish Boy in New Suffolk, NY (the only name I ever heard for him). Dude used to get the most amazing swordfish.

Don't pet the fluffy murder cow.

Posts: 4546 | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brutus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
I love eating oysters raw. Freshly popped out of the shell. My wife hates this as she describes it like swallowing cum. I am proud to say I have never had that experience. If I get a kidney I have been informed that I will never again be able to eat anything rare.

I don't like them raw, but I could eat about a 5 gallon bucketful cooked just about any sort of way.

Smile

I am Brutus. Or, Lord Brutus if you prefer.

Posts: 2852 | Location: southwest Mississippi | Registered: August 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
Grilled Oysters

Ingredients
16 whole live oysters
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes (or substitute with dashes of Tabasco)
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon finely minced parsley

Method
Make the sauce:
Heat a small sauce pan over medium-low heat. When hot, add the olive oil and the butter. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the lemon juice, chili pepper flakes, salt, pepper and parsley. Turn off heat.

Shuck and grill the oysters:
If you are a shuckmeister: Shuck the oysters, spoon a little sauce in each oyster. Place oysters on a very hot, preheated grill, cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the edges of oysters curl slightly.

If you can't shuck: Place the oysters, cup side up on a very hot, preheated grill, cover and cook for 1 minute. The oysters should now be slightly open. Quickly remove the oysters.

Hold an oyster with an oven mitt and use a shucking knife (or a clean screwdriver if you don't have one) to pry open the oyster. It should easily open.

Spoon sauce into each oyster and return oysters to the grill. Cover and grill 4-5 minutes.

My easy-going nature is gettin' sorely fuckin' tested.

Posts: 9752 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
New Orleans-Inspired BBQ Shrimp

This sautéed barbecue shrimp in a Worcestershire-spiked butter sauce is one of those dishes you can throw together at a moment’s notice.

Servings: 4 - 6
Total Time: 20 Minutes
INGREDIENTS

1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon sugar
¾ teaspoon salt
2 pounds extra large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, thawed if frozen
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 large cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

INSTRUCTIONS

Mix the paprika, ancho chili powder, cumin, sugar and salt together in a large bowl. Add the shrimp to the spices and toss to coat evenly. Set aside.
Melt the butter over medium heat in a 12-inch skillet. Add the garlic and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for one minute. Do not brown. Add the shrimp and continue cooking over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the shrimp are almost cooked but still opaque in spots, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and water and cook until shrimp are done, 1 to 2 minutes more. Scatter the scallions over top and serve.

Yeetcow
Picture of Jefiner
posted Hide Post
I am not an oyster fan, but the shrimp looks amazeballs. I shall make these for Superbowl nosh.

Cool2

Don't pet the fluffy murder cow.

Posts: 4546 | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Can Go Wrong
Picture of Charlie
posted Hide Post
Drool!

Obama Sucks!

Posts: 12194 | Registered: May 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brutus
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recipes, TVic.

They both sound dee-lish.

Smile

I am Brutus. Or, Lord Brutus if you prefer.

Posts: 2852 | Location: southwest Mississippi | Registered: August 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diner Gradgrinder
Picture of Ginger Quill
posted Hide Post
I made TV's shrimp last night. This got printed out and will be put in my notebook of favorite recipes, credit to TV. The garlic bits got a little overdone, but did not hinder the flavor. The washyersister sauce puts it over the top. I did add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, cuz I like spicy. Beware that they will get eaten fast, and if I may suggest some crusty bread to soak up some of delicious buttery sauce. I'll post a pic over on FB since I can't get find a way to do it here.

I've gotten so many good recipes from all y'all over the years. Thanks TV! Big Grin

Posts: 900 | Registered: August 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
I made the BBQ shrimp with another recipe in the mid 90s but used unpeeled shrimp. Reason I did was that butter and spice gets stuck under the shell and just makes everything better when you unpeel them at the table.

I had that recipe somewhere, it used a whole stick of butter and different spicier spices. First time I had BBQ shrimp was down in the French Quarter of NOLA. OMG, I was mesmerized and hooked. You should use a cast iron skillet and shake that skillet while cooking.

I served mine on a bed of dirty rice.

If I find it, I will post it.

43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
Here it is…

New Orleans BBQ shrimp

Ingredients

2 dozen large shrimp
2 teaspoons each cayenne & black pepper,
1/2 teaspoon of each salt & red pepper
1 teaspoon of each thyme and rosemary
1/8 teaspoon oregano
1/4 pound +5 tablespoons butter
half teaspoon minced garlic (or more or taste)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
one cup chicken stock
1/4 cup beer room temperature

Directions wash and drain shrimp well. Pinch off and discard heads. Leave shells on. Combined seasoning mix ingredients, one recipe of seasoning for each 2 dozen shrimp cooked. Combine 1/4 pound butter with garlic, Worcestershire sauce and the seasonings and mix and large skillet over high heat. Add shrimp after butter has melted, cook, two minutes shaking pan vigorously (stirring does not help) add stock and heat to boiling add cold butter. Add cold butter of (5 tbs. cubes) when stock is nearly evaporated shake pan until all butter is added and sauce is creamy and not broken.

If the sauce breaks heat another skillet over high heat. Add shrimp mixture from another pan and add more cubes of butter. Shake pan to fix.

Now add beer if desired, continue shaking pan, one more minute serves two.
……

I can’t recall if I used beer, but my stock sauce never broke. And I do not know if the beer was part of the fix if broken. Sorry, been 30 years since I have used.

Fifth Column Freeper
Picture of MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS
posted Hide Post
T.:V.
..you were missed.

Posts: 12207 | Registered: September 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS:
T.:V.
..you were missed.

1rose

TimeOut

posted Hide Post
Thanks TV! We just got home from buying some shrimp for these recipes. I'll let you know when we try them.

Posts: 402 | Location: Southern Born! | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Can Go Wrong
Picture of Charlie
posted Hide Post
Still slurping them with a couple drops of both lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. My wife hates raw oysters and after hearing about the recipies wants me to try them. I said that when I do that you will not even taste the oysters. She said I was a fast learner.

Been to two neat events. A turtle release where they returned 40 cold stunned turtles to the ocean. Next a low country boil fundraiser for a nature preserve. Huge portions!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charlie,

Obama Sucks!

posted Hide Post
Hey Charlie. Did you hear about the great white two guys caught off of Navarre Beach this past week? She was a big one.

They started by casting out the night before and about daylight, she got on the hook. Took them quite awhile to get her up to the shoreline. They got lots of pictures and video and then let her go.

They are considered endangered so they had to let her go.

Posts: 402 | Location: Southern Born! | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Can Go Wrong
Picture of Charlie
posted Hide Post
Nope

Obama Sucks!

What Can Go Wrong
Picture of Charlie
posted Hide Post
Finally got the story about the shark. Cool stuff. Still eating seafood up the wha. Close to a dozen raw oysters a day. Love em with a couple drops of balsamic vinegar and a couple drops of lemon juice.

cool

Obama Sucks!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Finally got the story about the shark. Cool stuff. Still eating seafood up the wha. Close to a dozen raw oysters a day. Love em with a couple drops of balsamic vinegar and a couple drops of lemon juice.

cool

Sounds great, Charlie. How long you gonna be down here in the south?

What Can Go Wrong
Picture of Charlie
posted Hide Post
Until April 15th. Then home for dog shit thawing out season.

Obama Sucks!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Until April 15th. Then home for dog shit thawing out season.

Thumbs Up Enjoy the rest of your vacation and watch out for those idiots who are gonna be heading your way for 'spring break'.