Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    And now for something completely different . . .
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Tools

And now for something completely different . . .
 Login/Join

Cowbellist
Picture of Jefiner
posted
Dear Eve Customer-

On May 25, 2018, the European Union (EU) is enacting new regulations (GDPR) concerning user privacy online. You can read more about GDPR here:

https://www.eugdpr.org/

https://wp.nyu.edu/compliance_...le-eu-personal-data/

You are subject to GDPR rules if your organization is based in the EU OR if you are directly targeting EU customers with your Eve community site. Targeting means that you are marketing/selling directly to EU customers. Simply having registered members in the EU would not subject you to the regulation, per our understanding (though please do not take that as legal advice please do your own due diligence).

While Social Strata is a US company that does not directly market to the EU, in our role as processor for our customer sites, we need to ensure that we fully compl y with GDPR. Our current community platform, Hoop.la, offers all of the tools you need to comply with GDPR- including offering the ability for users to delete their own accounts and download their personal data, amongst many other things.

Our Eve platform, which you are using, is a legacy product that is no longer under active development. While Eve will allow you to comply with many of the requirements of GDPR, it is not designed to comply with ALL of the GDPR requirements and thus if you fall under the domain of GDPR regulations, it is likely not a suitable option for you.

Whether you are subject to GDPR or not, we want to give all Eve customers the opportunity to use our GDPR-compliant platform- Hoop.la. We are offering a free upgrade to Hoop.la for all of our Eve customers and we will match your current monthly fee rate that you have in place for your Eve account. Thus, you can move to Hoop.la with no fee increase and no migration fee. Well make sure your plan limits are the same or better than you have now, as well.

We require that you choose one of the following options below:

1. Migrate your Eve site to Hoop.la as soon as possible, subject to scheduling that is mutually agreeable between you and Social Strata. Your monthly fee would remain the same and your pay no migration fee to move to Hoop.la.

2. Stay on Eve, if you can assert that your organization is not based in the EU and does not "target" EU customers with its Eve community site.

The penalties associated with GDPR are quite severe, so we urge you to fully consider your options as soon as possible.

We require a response by May 24, 2018. If we have not heard from you by then, your site will be suspended until a response is received.

If you have questions or comments, please contact us at https://www.socialstrata.com/support or via email at support@socialstrata.com.

Sincerely ,

Social Strata
https://www.socialstrata.com

/I am tempted to leave things as they are for the time being. But if y'all want to migrate to a new site, speak up. I am not doing any marketing, make nothing off the site,etc. etc. etc.

What say you, o denizens of Uncle Bobistan?

"There is nothing here but enjoyment. It's a buffet of madness and quackery, mixed with a bit of crazed horn dogs and thingsthatgobumpinthenight. -- Traitor Vic

Posts: 2785 | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Leave it" sounds good to me.

Posts: 4500 | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dissimulo
posted Hide Post
Under the law, you would have to be marketing the site to people who are located in the EU specifically. General marketing doesn't count. This is a US based site, in English, that as far as I know does no marketing at all. There is also currently no established way for the EU to enforce this on companies that do not have a European operation, much less individuals. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Posts: 2063 | Registered: April 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
So as long as we don’t try and sell Susie any flour or lemons for her famous lemon tarts, we be cool?

I’ll try and refrain.

Life's a garden. Dig it!!

Posts: 7825 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
5 boner points
1,000,000 Chiappa Rhino Points
Picture of chicom
posted Hide Post
Fuck Europe, hope they are enjoying their ass-raping.

-------------------------------

Face down, or I'll make your heart stop beating with my mind.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Land of Violent Eschatological Buskers | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
five nipple points
Picture of itsme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chicom:

What he said.

.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.

Do you like my boobies?

Please, please no picture's.

Repeal the 19th.

Posts: 1339 | Location: In your mother. | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dissimulo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Traitor Vic:
So as long as we don’t try and sell Susie any flour or lemons for her famous lemon tarts, we be cool?

Just to be safe, we should probably never respond to Susie again.

Posts: 2063 | Registered: April 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Norman Bates
posted Hide Post
As an expert in the hospitality business, I believe we should serve French Lemon Tarts at our Diner. And we should have a Raffle and Auction for said tarts.

I love Mother

Posts: 87 | Location: Madness | Registered: October 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Norman Bates
posted Hide Post
We should then use the proceeds from selling French Lemon Tarts, to fund a complete refurbishing of our Uncle Bob's Diner decorations.

I love Mother

Posts: 87 | Location: Madness | Registered: October 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Norman Bates
posted Hide Post

I love Mother

Fifth Column Freeper
Picture of MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by itsme:
quote:

What he said.

Leave it alone we have the perfect setup

Good job by the way!

Posts: 7822 | Registered: September 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
five nipple points
Picture of itsme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by itsme:
quote:

What he said.

Leave it alone we have the perfect setup

Good job by the way!

Ass kisser. Big Grin

.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.

Do you like my boobies?

Please, please no picture's.

Repeal the 19th.

Posts: 1339 | Location: In your mother. | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cowbellist
Picture of Jefiner
posted Hide Post
The mighty have spoken We shall endure as we have endured.

"There is nothing here but enjoyment. It's a buffet of madness and quackery, mixed with a bit of crazed horn dogs and thingsthatgobumpinthenight. -- Traitor Vic

Picture of Norman Bates
posted Hide Post
WHAT ABOUT THE TARTS?

I love Mother

5 boner points
1,000,000 Chiappa Rhino Points
Picture of chicom
posted Hide Post
Your mother was a tart.

-------------------------------

Face down, or I'll make your heart stop beating with my mind.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Land of Violent Eschatological Buskers | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cowbellist
Picture of Jefiner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Bates:
WHAT ABOUT THE TARTS?

Since this is Uncle Bob's Diner, I think we would be better served with a monster lemon meringue pie. /my favorite.

Picture of Helel ben Shaḥar
posted Hide Post
I like Key Lime pie. Lemon meringue is tasty, but not as tasty as KLP!

All of us using VPNs or TOR should avoid EU outlets. Use US or Asian outlets only

"Covfefe!" - Kek vult

Posts: 5947 | Location: SouthCentral Texas | Registered: August 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
Norma’s cafe, Dallas , TX......
https://www.dmagazine.com/food...e-passes-away-at-80/

Unruly Peasant

posted Hide Post

Cottage Café, Cle Elum, WA

https://www.cottagecafe.net/Home

Check out Toner's Smilies - pixels for all occasions...

Posts: 3187 | Location: On frozen pond | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
That’s coconut cream, my favorite for sure!