Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    King Fire 2.0
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Tools

King Fire 2.0
 Login/Join

posted
packing up, I'll check in... who knows grrrr

>>>

"LIVE! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!" Auntie Mame

>>>

I never asked for trust funds. They were thrust upon me. Have pity.

<<<

Posts: 3872 | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Tard Savior
And the number of Tard Points shall be three. No more, no less.

Picture of To The Left of Crazy
posted Hide Post
Be safe!

obvious

1beer1

Posts: 4066 | Registered: March 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take care of yourself, and keep us updated.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: August 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fifth Column Freeper
Picture of MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS
posted Hide Post
If you need a place to stay...pm me.

Posts: 10563 | Registered: September 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
OMG!

Prayers poodles. For you and all your animals.

Stay safe. Somewhere.

My easy-going nature is gettin' sorely fuckin' tested.

Posts: 9145 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diner Gradgrinder
Picture of Ginger Quill
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you, please check in when you can.

Posts: 669 | Registered: August 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brutus
posted Hide Post
Hope y'all come through OK with no loss/injury.

Frown

I am Brutus. Or, Lord Brutus if you prefer.

Posts: 2090 | Location: southwest Mississippi | Registered: August 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
still holding, ready to roll. wind shift to the south kept fire line south of hwy 50 so far. we're north of 50, 35miles from Tahoe as the crow flies. 0% containment 60k +/- acres. wind predicted to shift our way in a few hrs. try to get a nap now

thx for the kind thoughts Thumbs Up Beer Beer

>>>

"LIVE! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!" Auntie Mame

>>>

<<<

Cowbellist
Picture of Jefiner
posted Hide Post
Hang in there, kiddo. Sending all the positive energy your way.

Don't pet the fluffy murder cow.

Posts: 3821 | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
65,474k acres, 0% contained. Still holding the line at hwy50. That fire line is 600' +/- south side of 50. They put in some impressive dozer lines along there, I think on both sides of the road, not sure exactly. Humidity & winds are helping us, but pushing fire to the NE toward Tahoe, but still south of 50.

Along with being stretched thin on resources and manpower due to all the other fires, the soon-to-be fired pos guvner released so many prisoners that the inmate crews are minuscule. They've been a huge factor in wildland firefighting in the past.

/still in purgatory, waiting to jump, hour by hour

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
68,630 Acres/0% contained. As long as they can keep it south of hwy 50 = Thumbs Up

>>>

>>>

<<<

Picture of Alaska
posted Hide Post
https://earth.nullschool.net/#.../loc=-143.604,15.890

Nullschool surface winds for 08/21

You can adjust the scale and projected time forward.

Posts: 5912 | Registered: November 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That's a pretty fancy deal there but I'm not familiar with it, therefore I can't decipher it.

Can it predict winds in microclimates considering the various extremes in elevation, terrain, forest density, winds produced by the fire itself, etc?

I'm guessing a local meteorologist, or you, would make good use of it, perhaps 1dunno1

>>>

>>>

<<<

43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
Poodles, you live in such a beautiful forest area that I can’t fathom it ever being destroyed. Such beauty.

I was once told the more beauty a countryside has, the more danger it contains. I guess that is true of the oceans, the forest and the mountains.

That pic you posted above is flat out beautiful. I’d love to see that.

Stay safe and use discretion in your timing.

My easy-going nature is gettin' sorely fuckin' tested.

Posts: 9145 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
73,415 Acres/0% containment/south of 50 so far but cool ash falling here

Still packing room to room, round 6? 7? I lost count. Still have some room in the truck. Tonight & tomorrow morning looking if-y. I'd like to think the worst part of this is waiting and then unpacking everything.

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
90,107 Acres/0% containment.
Fire breached 50 @ Kyburz. Lions, bears, etc fleeing from the east. Our evac exit is westward, that's a good thing. Fire travel/proximity reports are good time-wise.
So still holding.

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
Somebody evac-ed and set their small livestock loose to run free. The local lions are feeding on piglets at the moment. I'd say 30-pounders or so, by looking at the pics

>>>

>>>

<<<

Picture of Alaska
posted Hide Post
Yeah I saw it jumped 50 and thought it might on that nullschool wind projection. The good news is I understand there are 1500 working that line, the winds should die down until midweek and nobody wants that crap threatening Tahoe. I’ll be surprised if they don’t bomb the hell out of that small outbreak north of 50. The problem is the terrain, my folks lived in Reno so I’m familiar with the area.

Hoping for the best for you.

Posts: 5912 | Registered: November 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thx AK. Thumbs Up

>>>

>>>

<<<

Fifth Column Freeper
Picture of MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS
posted Hide Post
Also wishing you the best poodles.

My offer still stands..
by the way.

Posts: 10563 | Registered: September 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post