Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    King Fire 2.0
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Tools
Reply
  
King Fire 2.0
 Login/Join
 
Fifth Column Freeper
Picture of MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raisedbypoodles:
215,400 Acres/44% contained

Eight fires have started within 35-45 miles of us in the past 48hrs. This is bullshit. Somebody is starting these fires.

(none likely to affect us, other than smoke)

There are individuals traveling around, making videos of the fires to post on social media or to sell to TV stations. One has a GoFundMe for his expenses. I find this suspicious. And then there's Antifa that announced last year that they planned to do exactly what is happening.

Another thing: why do these fires stop at the Canadian and Mexican borders?


Our newly invented technogy has created a monster. Chaos and destruction has become the norm.
 
Posts: 10444 | Registered: September 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alaska
posted Hide Post
You’re most definitely getting fire bombed. A cigarette and a folded pack of matches and your good to go.
 
Posts: 5577 | Registered: November 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alaska
posted Hide Post
On the more creative side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_LeRKcU4QM

Depending on the concentration of the components this reaction can take hours fo form, distributed at night without a thermal signature and leave no traceable evidence. My grandfather taught me that one. My father was a full on military trained demolition WW2.

Hence my getting triangulated by the FAA when is was 14, grounded and stripped of my chemistry sets.
 
Posts: 5577 | Registered: November 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
As of last night: 217,007 Acres/50% contained, still burning but good progress being made

They're starting to repopulate small areas that are now in safe zones, after infrastructure is restored. Many people are homeless. Organizations are setting up makeshift 'campgrounds' in surrounding towns to help victims get back on their feet.

We dodged the bullet again. This time wasn't as traumatic as 2014. We didn't go mandatory and they managed to hold the fire line at bay. Even though it'll take a while to get unpacked and put things back in order, our experience was nothing compared to many, many others.

With that, I want to express gratitude for the moral support and helpful information from others. Seriously, it really meant a lot. Special thanks to Max for the offer to take us in if necessary.

For anybody else that lives in a fire prone area, these are a few things we keep in stock that help immensely with getting packed out ASAP:

contractor bags & 13 gallon trash bags
lots (a lot) of cardboard boxes (broken down/stored in contractor bags)
tape gun & extra rolls of tape
ziploc bags, from snack size to 2.5 gallon
bottled water, jerky, dried fruits, shelf-stable snacks
a pickup or a trailer is essential

Thanks again, and with that I'll let this thread fade off into the abyss


>>>

"LIVE! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!" Auntie Mame

>>>

I never asked for trust funds. They were thrust upon me. Have pity.

<<<
 
Posts: 3771 | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is excellent news, RBP. 1dance1
 
Posts: 1058 | Registered: August 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fifth Column Freeper
Picture of MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raisedbypoodles:
As of last night: 217,007 Acres/50% contained, still burning but good progress being made

They're starting to repopulate small areas that are now in safe zones, after infrastructure is restored. Many people are homeless. Organizations are setting up makeshift 'campgrounds' in surrounding towns to help victims get back on their feet.

We dodged the bullet again. This time wasn't as traumatic as 2014. We didn't go mandatory and they managed to hold the fire line at bay. Even though it'll take a while to get unpacked and put things back in order, our experience was nothing compared to many, many others.

With that, I want to express gratitude for the moral support and helpful information from others. Seriously, it really meant a lot. Special thanks to Max for the offer to take us in if necessary.

For anybody else that lives in a fire prone area, these are a few things we keep in stock that help immensely with getting packed out ASAP:

contractor bags & 13 gallon trash bags
lots (a lot) of cardboard boxes (broken down/stored in contractor bags)
tape gun & extra rolls of tape
ziploc bags, from snack size to 2.5 gallon
bottled water, jerky, dried fruits, shelf-stable snacks
a pickup or a trailer is essential

Thanks again, and with that I'll let this

thread fade off into the abyss


Good news Poodles..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS,
 
Posts: 10444 | Registered: September 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brutus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alaska:
You’re most definitely getting fire bombed. A cigarette and a folded pack of matches and your good to go.



Your info is a bit dated.

A cigarette doesn't work very well for that purpose anymore since Obommie the commie ordered them to start making cigarettes in a way that's more likely to burn out when left laying rather than burn all the way down to the filter.


Wink


______________________________________________________________

I am Brutus. Or, Lord Brutus if you prefer.
 
Posts: 2059 | Location: southwest Mississippi | Registered: August 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
Poodles! So glad things are improving. How have the little creatures faired? Especially the small poodles and dogs. Are they traumatized?

How are you dealing with that? I know my dogs get crazy when anything out of the normal goes on. Eating, pooping and all that. I know we have royalty dogs (anyone that laughs can fk off).

Wish you well.


..........................................
Respect is earned..once earned, you must keep it. It isn’t a forever gift.
..........................................
 
Posts: 9039 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fifth Column Freeper
Picture of MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by raisedbypoodles:
As of last night: 217,007 Acres/50% contained, still burning but good progress being made

They're starting to repopulate small areas that are now in safe zones, after infrastructure is restored. Many people are homeless. Organizations are setting up makeshift 'campgrounds' in surrounding towns to help victims get back on their feet.

We dodged the bullet again. This time wasn't as traumatic as 2014. We didn't go mandatory and they managed to hold the fire line at bay. Even though it'll take a while to get unpacked and put things back in order, our experience was nothing compared to many, many others.

With that, I want to express gratitude for the moral support and helpful information from others. Seriously, it really meant a lot. Special thanks to Max for the offer to take us in if necessary.

For anybody else that lives in a fire prone area, these are a few things we keep in stock that help immensely with getting packed out ASAP:

contractor bags & 13 gallon trash bags
lots (a lot) of cardboard boxes (broken down/stored in contractor bags)
tape gun & extra rolls of tape
ziploc bags, from snack size to 2.5 gallon
bottled water, jerky, dried fruits, shelf-stable snacks
a pickup or a trailer is essential

Thanks again, and with that I'll let this

thread fade off into the abyss


Good news Poodles..


Happy for you.
 
Posts: 10444 | Registered: September 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alaska
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brutus:
quote:
Originally posted by Alaska:
You’re most definitely getting fire bombed. A cigarette and a folded pack of matches and your good to go.



Your info is a bit dated.

A cigarette doesn't work very well for that purpose anymore since Obommie the commie ordered them to start making cigarettes in a way that's more likely to burn out when left laying rather than burn all the way down to the filter.


Wink


That’s why my cigs don’t burn right, fuck.
 
Posts: 5577 | Registered: November 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post




posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Traitor Vic:
Poodles! So glad things are improving. How have the little creatures faired? Especially the small poodles and dogs. Are they traumatized?

How are you dealing with that? I know my dogs get crazy when anything out of the normal goes on. Eating, pooping and all that. I know we have royalty dogs (anyone that laughs can fk off).

Wish you well.


They were confused and anxious the first two days when we were frantically packing the priorities. They shadowed us everywhere every second. I think the worst of it for them was the smoke. They spent most of the days on their daybed, under the blanket. They're pretty much back to normal now that the smoke has cleared to a good degree. They're still confused about the boxes though. They're showing anxiety when I unpack a box. I don't think they comprehend the meaning of packing vs unpacking. It'll pass. The horses and guard dogs being stuck outside in the smoke was disturbing for me. But if we had boarded them early instead of waiting for a mandatory order, they still would have had to endure the smoke.

I think this is an old Mexican(?) saying: What cannot be changed must be endured. Animals are better at that than people, I think.

Oh! One cool thing... the deer. During the fires we put buckets of water out for the fleeing wildlife. So we got to see lots of spotted fawns with their moms!


>>>

"LIVE! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!" Auntie Mame

>>>

I never asked for trust funds. They were thrust upon me. Have pity.

<<<
 
Posts: 3771 | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brutus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alaska:
quote:
Originally posted by Brutus:
quote:
Originally posted by Alaska:
You’re most definitely getting fire bombed. A cigarette and a folded pack of matches and your good to go.



Your info is a bit dated.

A cigarette doesn't work very well for that purpose anymore since Obommie the commie ordered them to start making cigarettes in a way that's more likely to burn out when left laying rather than burn all the way down to the filter.


Wink


That’s why my cigs don’t burn right, fuck.



Yep, you can thank Obommie the Commie for that shit.


1mad2


______________________________________________________________

I am Brutus. Or, Lord Brutus if you prefer.
 
Posts: 2059 | Location: southwest Mississippi | Registered: August 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4  
 

Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    King Fire 2.0

© Copyright 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010,2011,2012, MMX™ to Infinity. All material posted at Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora is protected under the Fair Use and Educational Purposes Act of 1869 and is regulated by the sovereign nation of Unclebobistan. If you post anything here, it will probably be copied and pasted all over the Inter web and people will laugh at you. So what else is new? Your friends and family are already laughing at you. The fair use of a copyrighted work for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, parody or research may be posted at Uncle Bob's.

Uncle Bob's would like to apologize to the following people or groups of people who we undoubtedly have offended over the course of the past few years. If you feel you have been personally offended then take this apology to be specifically for you. Otherwise, we apologize to Jewish Mexicans, President Barack Hussein Obama Mmm Mmm Mmm a.k.a. Hopey McChangey, Catholic Priests who dork little boys, vegetarians, Fruit Loop, Atkins' Diet adherents and other fat-asses, Dennis J. Olson, Delta Lady, Joe and his Socks, paranoid persona's, space aliens, Illegal Aliens, Boy Scouts, same sex aficionados, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Canadians, ditch diggers, people who support the aforementioned, people on Prozac, Mel Gibson, Nazi Mods, Tiger Woods, motorcycle gang members, rag heads or towel heads or any other Middle Eastern personas or personae, Crotch Bombers, Britney Spears, the blind, the entire Gay and Lesbian community, Charlie Sheen, Black Panthers, NAACP, and anybody who has ever been called Lard Ass.