Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    King Fire 2.0
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Tools

King Fire 2.0
 Login/Join

43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raisedbypoodles:
Somebody evac-ed and set their small livestock loose to run free. The local lions are feeding on piglets at the moment. I'd say 30-pounders or so, by looking at the pics

Frown

Respect is earned..once earned, you must keep it. It isn’t a forever gift.

Posts: 9044 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
104,309 acres/5% containment as of 7pm
AQI was 640ppm @ 10:30am (reading from our airstrip, 1/16 mile from us)
surpassed burn acreage of King Fire/2014 which finalized @ 97,717 acres

Still holding, sleeping in shifts

https://zoom.earth/fires/caldor-fire/

Max: 50 is closed, but as long as 80 stays open we can get to the house in Rachel (NV). If 80 closes, it's either the southern route to Rachel, or you. Wink Good to have options, there are no hotel vacancies.

>>>

"LIVE! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!" Auntie Mame

>>>

I never asked for trust funds. They were thrust upon me. Have pity.

<<<

Posts: 3771 | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
114,166 Acres/9% containment

quote:
Summary: Overnight Downslope Winds, Low Temperatures, And Moderate Humidity Levels Aided In Slowing Fire Spread. Crews Continue To Encounter Heavy Down And Drought-stressed Fuels That Are Extremely Receptive To Spotting.

I haven't checked forecast yet

View from the airstrip this AM

>>>

"LIVE! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!" Auntie Mame

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
2nd day of favorable wind & humidity
126,182 acres/11% contained
still on voluntary evac, living out of boxes
smoke sux, but it's better than fire

pic was taken by one of our retired pilots up here. 13,000', overhead, looking east

>>>

>>>

<<<

Picture of Alaska
posted Hide Post
Looks like the winds are dying down for a few day per nullschool.

Posts: 5585 | Registered: November 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You're right again Thumbs Up Today, at least, it looks as though the S. Lake area may be spared.

>>>

>>>

<<<

Cowbellist
Picture of Jefiner
posted Hide Post
Looks like there may be a wave of tropical moisture heading your way next week.

"There is nothing here but enjoyment. It's a buffet of madness and quackery, mixed with a bit of crazed horn dogs and thingsthatgobumpinthenight. -- Traitor Vic

Posts: 3793 | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefiner:
Looks like there may be a wave of tropical moisture heading your way next week.

Thumbs Up thx for the heads-up. We had an extra couple tons of hay delivered last week, will tarp it today

>>>

>>>

<<<

Picture of Alaska
posted Hide Post
A couple of tons? Be sure and tell the Cartwrights I said hello.

Posts: 5585 | Registered: November 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
lol, yeah. Before I retired my business I went through 4 tons a month

lamb/beef/horses (don't eat the horses!) Supplementing pregnant stock and feeder calves

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
Things took a turn for the worse the past 24hrs. Fire exploded in several directions

168,387 Acres/13% containment
SUMMARY: Today saw a significant increase in dynamic fire behavior resulting in rapid fire spread. Critical fuel conditions and the alignment of up-slope canyon winds increased extreme fire behavior in the early morning. The afternoon wind speeds produced spotting distances from ¾ to one mile. Active crown fires and group torching was present in multiple areas of the fire, presenting challenging conditions for crews. Additional evacuation warnings and orders were issued in multiple counties late this afternoon.

We're on Red Flag warning at least next 24hrs, winds due west toward us

Fire line

Evacuation area
Red is mandatory, yellow is warning. We're a few hundred acres from mandatory

Smoke is bad, having to change HVAC filter daily, 2 HEPA units & humidifier running 24/7 w/house sealed up as best as possible

>>>

>>>

<<<

Picture of Brutus
posted Hide Post
Yikes!

Sorry to hear it.

Y'all could use some of this precip from Ida up that way.

This continuous light to medium rain would douse that fucker REAL quick.

Smile

I am Brutus. Or, Lord Brutus if you prefer.

Posts: 2059 | Location: southwest Mississippi | Registered: August 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
that's for sure Thumbs Up

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
Fire is 8 miles from South Lake. Now advised 72hrs of Red Flag

>>>

>>>

<<<

43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
OMG!!!

Prayers for you guys.

Please don’t wait too late to get out of there.

Those HVAC filters are expensive. But you must have clean air. I don’t think I could survive that air myself. Ragweed takes me down.

1rose

posted Hide Post
(((RBP))) Thanks for keeping us updated. We're all sending good energy your way.

Posts: 1058 | Registered: August 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
We're good atm except for smoke, still at the mercy of the winds

177,260 acres/14% contained

Not 100% on the details... burned through Sierra-at-Tahoe, either burned or on the way to Heavenly. SLT (South Lake Tahoe) evac-ed/major cluster-fk. Burning down through the east side of Echo Summit now. Kirkwood evac-ed. Hard to access, very difficult conditions. 20k+ acre fire run on east end yesterday.
Fire is "hung up" on the ridge of the basin that drops down into SLT. Burning @ Lower Echo Lake, Aloha Lake in Desolation Wilderness. Pushing toward Kirkwood.

Per OES: Heavy timber/deep canyon gorge firefight, very difficult terrain & conditions 50 corridor to SLT. Starting to get some control on the west side (us). Progress dependent on winds that naturally shift direction throughout days/nights and especially the Red Flag wind event, next 48hrs

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
Hwy 50 overlooking Tahoe Basin, 15-20 minutes out from Tahoe

>>>

>>>

<<<

43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, sad, scary….all in one photo.

Stay safe.

posted Hide Post
RBP, if you don't mind saying, how many animals are you dealing with?

Posts: 1058 | Registered: August 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post