Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    Fucking energy efficient modern refridgerators!
Go
New
Find
Tools

Fucking energy efficient modern refridgerators!
 Login/Join

What Can Go Wrong
Picture of Charlie
posted
Old fridge took a shit. OK.....go buy a new one. Picked one out with the ice cube, water, crushed ice feature in the door. OK....they deliver it. We wait and wait and wait....well maybe tomorrow for some fucking ice. FINALLY on the second day we got some ice out of it. Whoohooo......good to go. Well hold on. About two cocktail glasses worth and it ran out. Ummmm we thought. Must be malfunctioning. So we read the manual and lo a behold it says that the god damn piece of shit will only make 2 to 2.5 lbs of ice per 24 hour period. What the hell is that all about??? How can two alcoholics heavy drinkers er people who like ice in their drinks live with that crap? First the gumment fucks up gas cans and now refridgerators.

Obama Sucks!

Posts: 11336 | Registered: May 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Libertarian
posted Hide Post
Do it for the children! Won't someone please think of the children?!?!

"Bigly!"

Posts: 6670 | Location: SouthCentral Texas | Registered: August 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dissimulo
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2155 | Registered: April 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tard Princess
Picture of Cankerblossom
posted Hide Post
we had one like that years ago. they suc. It leaked, and you had to wait forever for the damn ice. was so glad when it went bye byes. We get the ones with the icemaker inside. We also like the ones with the freezer on the bottom

Does anything rhyme with orange?

Posts: 721 | Registered: April 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
forum mediator
Picture of xromad
posted Hide Post
How Lardassian!

You make a bad choice and blame the Government. Perfect!

Shinmen, Breezy, I still don't quite understand why you failed to answer the desperate calls for help from your Flag Waving friends in Oregon?

Posts: 10112 | Location: Freeland | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cowbellist
Picture of Jefiner
posted Hide Post
I actually prefer a countertop ice maker. It is efficient, fast and I can take it in the RV if I want. Additionally, I use filtered water straight out of the Berkey to fill it up. The ice out of the fridge always tasted weird, despite changing the filter. There really is no way to sanitize the thing or clean it, unlike the little one. You can pick them up for under a hundred bucks at Target/WalMart/Sams etc.

"There is nothing here but enjoyment. It's a buffet of madness and quackery, mixed with a bit of crazed horn dogs and thingsthatgobumpinthenight. -- Traitor Vic

Posts: 3016 | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Can Go Wrong
Picture of Charlie
posted Hide Post
The FEDS have required the so called "energy efficient" ice makers for many years now. Our old one was not much better. I talked to the sales guy who said everybody is complaining. However there is one alternative and we are going with it. We ordered up a second ice maker to be installed in the lower freezer. This will be an "after market" kind that sneaks under the new rules. It is supposed to work like the old ones. So fucking what I will have to pay an extra $20 per year on my electric bill.

Obama Sucks!

Posts: 11336 | Registered: May 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Emeritus
posted Hide Post
I have a sundanzer chest freezer.
It runs off 2 small solar panels, and hasn't missed a beat in 20 years. I keep it around 15F in an unheated shed.
I double distill water and freeze, and use the ice to cool a home made super-insulated ice box as a backup refrigerator next to the freezer.

Simple, efficient, off-grid, and cost free after setup.
~and no floaties in your ice cubes/drinks~

The Word's Foremost Authority.

Posts: 632 | Registered: April 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
On top of the shit-tier ice production, my Samsung started breaking off chunks of plastic mesh from inside of the ice maker and depositing that into cocktails, so that was fun. Replaced under warranty, but replacement part is identical so I figure it will last about 10 months like the original.

Posts: 381 | Registered: October 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post