Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    Power Outage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Tools

Power Outage
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Don't worry about it, xromad, it's above your pay grade.

Posts: 757 | Registered: August 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alaska
posted Hide Post
If one week of bad weather flipped the state of Texas on its back then it’s really not to hard to imagine two or three years of bad weather tipping over empires.

Happens every 400 years or so. The only difference this time is the population has gone from a few hundred million to a few billion and of course the quality of weapons.

I’m sure we’ll handle it much better this time.

/not

Posts: 4383 | Registered: November 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alaska:
If one week of bad weather flipped the state of Texas on its back then it’s really not to hard to imagine two or three years of bad weather tipping over empires.

Happens every 400 years or so. The only difference this time is the population has gone from a few hundred million to a few billion.
400 years ago people were more likely to make sure they had food and water on hand. Far less resiliency now.

forum mediator
Picture of xromad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alaska:

Happens every 400 years or so. The only difference this time is the population has gone from a few hundred million to a few billion and of course the quality of weapons.

I’m sure we’ll handle it much better this time.

/not

Are the groceries $800.00 or whatever a cart already? Are your groceries from that power reseller in texas? Are you blinding drunk already/still?

I am so confused. Between you not being here and Webster with the negative waves, I feel my head is going to explode.

You matter.
Unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared.
Then you energy.

Posts: 10327 | Location: Freeland | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7 boner points
1,000,000 Chiappa Rhino Points
Picture of chicom
posted Hide Post
Does this mean we get to ride the Stuart rollercoaster again?

-------------------------------

Face down, or I'll make your heart stop beating with my mind.

Posts: 8238 | Location: Land of Violent Eschatological Buskers | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Webster:
To TV's credit, it doesn't appear she has any busted pipes.

It’s 36 degrees now. No damage at all, even to my pantry or preps.

I’ve got 3 crates of freeze dried food that I didn’t feel the need to touch either.

In all honesty, to me, besides the cool temps in the house and lack of a warm meal without a hassle, it was actually kinda FUN! It was much easier than building our cabin in East Oklahoma in August in 115 degrees, no electricity or water and installing that pink insulation and having that all over me, wearing the N-95 face hugger in that heat was NOT FUN. Give me another week of this cold instead.

Honestly.....This was actually like camping indoors. It was a good lesson to know what to have next time.

But I am sure ERCOT will be pressured into getting all the massive changes to the system to handle this better next time and up our rates 200% when in all actuality it won’t be needed for another 60 years more or less and then every improvement they did will be useless, old and rotted and mostly not maintained again.

They do need to get those windmills in West Texas winterized much better. They get that cold weather a lot.

NO BUSTED PIPES BRUTUS!! Hubby wrapped them properly. We kept faucets dripping and exposed cabinet doors open with candles to warm.

Sorry to burst yer stern lessons and finger wagging for us Texans.

We did have some millennials that had issues, since they weren’t born dumb but weren’t given any sense, common or learned.

I hear all the liberals say we need to join the federal or national system. I hope we never do, but we will improve ERCOT, because this was a much needed opening of the eyes.

Mainly because I hope we leave the union and become our own Republic.

Some of the issue we had is too many newcomers sucking on our grid. More people, illegals and new transplants, new companies. Elon and all the rest. Don’t need any more people. We need less and I am encouraging all who are pissed to leave and move to California, Virginia or Maryland.

Hell is upon us, grab a seat!

Posts: 8510 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
One other thing. The biggest complaint I hear, to which I totally agree, is the rolling blackouts schedule being handle inconstantly and unfairly.

We had one 9 hour outage and then the next day a 20 hour. Some got 4 day constant outage, some got absolutely no outage ever. The there were some that had 2 hours out then 3 hours on regularly.

Some say they targeted electric use only people, some say the opposite, they targeted the gas. We are on both. Some will say if you are by the police, a hospital or fire department you don’t get any outage.

We are 6 blocks from a fire house unit. Not sure if anyone over there was out. But I do know where I live, that is the only thing people are complaining about, the sharing of outages not being equal or fair.

43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lol:
I don’t see the big deal. Why not just ride it out in Mexico?

Hey turkeytwat! He went to go after, check on on his teenage daughter who went on a trip without his approval.

I suppose his advanced knowledge of the grid could have helped us if he stayed here and came to pat us on the back, one by one.

Are you always this dumb or do you work on it to get it to that perfection you have certainly achieved?

posted Hide Post
I thought the trip was the mother's idea.

43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Webster:
I thought the trip was the mother's idea.

Well, most likely every media will have it’s own special story, told backwards, forwards, right and wrong.

But what the hell could he do?

My dad always said, if you can’t physically help or offer expert advice, then get out of the way and do something you know how to do.

A politician, which he is, can’t help our power issues. Nor can he accomplish any other feat. Look at our government for further examples.

What Can Go Wrong
Picture of Charlie
posted Hide Post
Lard Ass has no water. Uberprepper

Obama Sucks!

Posts: 11678 | Registered: May 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This guy didn’t seem to think it was a great idea.

Posts: 245 | Registered: September 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
42 cryptotard comment points
Picture of dragon_rider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
Lard Ass has no water. Uberprepper

quote:
You ever tried to do that? It’s not a trivial or easy exercise

sounds like a teenager.

/When the going gets tough, lardass ain't there Doh

Posts: 8156 | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
I have 16 crates of water in my spare bedroom. Delivered by the supplier.

10 more coming next week.

How the fuck is that so hard?

And snow in 5 gallon buckets if neede. They weren’t needed, but I had it.

Lollipop lol, how about crawling way up Joe Biden’s ass and rest your dear sweet heat on the first cushy swollen polyp you can find.

Like I need a politician to tell me it’s gonna be okay and shake my hand. Like that helps.

He isn’t a electrician, a plumber or even a contractor.

Politicians are bullshit artist much like your yourself.

Run for office! Then keep running.

42 cryptotard comment points
Picture of dragon_rider
posted Hide Post
Julie sez "I get it now. Ted and Heidi Cruz wanted their children to be safe, to have basic sanitary services like heat and running water, to leave behind a third-world apocalyptic nightmare for a safer place. Like so many parents before them, they decided to cross the Mexican border."

Posts: 8156 | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Traitor Vic:
Politicians are bullshit artist

Yes they are.

Posts: 245 | Registered: September 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lol:
quote:
Originally posted by Traitor Vic:
Politicians are bullshit artist

Yes they are.

You left out MUCH LIKE YOURSELF.

Waiting for Biden to cure cancer like he promised last year.

Gonna wipe out cancer in his term. Yep, BS artist, like U.

7 boner points
1,000,000 Chiappa Rhino Points
Picture of chicom
posted Hide Post
Speaking of electricity, I present the Fatal Nine. Right click and open in a new tab.

-------------------------------

Face down, or I'll make your heart stop beating with my mind.

Posts: 8238 | Location: Land of Violent Eschatological Buskers | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
https://rumble.com/vdz2nz-ted-...aign=HodgeTwins&ep=2