Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    Power Outage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Tools

Power Outage
 Login/Join

Fifth Column Freeper
Picture of MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS
posted
Poweroutage map to track the black in states affected by the ice

so far, it's Texas, Kentucky, and West Virginia with major
problems.

Thread: HORRIBLE Car ACCIDENT - FORT W8ORTH TX.....100 PLUS Vehicles---People Trapped in Cars-Graphic Video ADDED

as evening comes, Kentucky and West Virginia are not doing worse than earlier in the day, even showing improvement

but the number of outages has surged in Texas.

PowerOutage.us is an ongoing project created to track, record, and aggregate power outages across the united states. Find out more on our About page.
Click on a state to see more information.
Data is updated site wide approximately every ten minutes.

Top Areas by Outages
Texas 63,701
Kentucky 51,305
West Virginia 38,664
Ohio 6,418
Tennessee 5,320
Last Updated

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS,

Posts: 9738 | Registered: September 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JimmyB.
posted Hide Post
Did you see the videos of the Texas pileup..
These people are insane ...

Posts: 1847 | Location:  | Registered: April 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7 boner points
1,000,000 Chiappa Rhino Points
Picture of chicom
posted Hide Post
This is not doom, it's just Thursday.

-------------------------------

Face down, or I'll make your heart stop beating with my mind.

Posts: 8238 | Location: Land of Violent Eschatological Buskers | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Can Go Wrong
Picture of Charlie
posted Hide Post
-32 F here this AM with no wind chill factor. So.....bunch of cars didn't start. Life still goes on.

Obama Sucks!

Posts: 11678 | Registered: May 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimmyB.:
Did you see the videos of the Texas pileup..
These people are insane ...

FYI, that area in I35 was on a raised bridge that had gone from rain to freezing in the few minutes before the crash. It was also on a curve so vehicles coming did not have line of site to view the pileup. The raised bridges freeze before the rest of the road, and therefore you get caught off guard when you hit the black ice after driving on the previous areas with no issue. I’ve been over that area a dozens times.

With that said, people here in Texas drive like maniacs with nothing to lose.

It was God awful and doesn’t help my fear of highways the big rig semi nightmares.

I think FedX might get sued.

Hell is upon us, grab a seat!

Posts: 8510 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
Poster from GLP

30 miles north of Austin. I went outside for 10 mins to take pictures and while I was outside I heard 3 trees fall and saw one of them. It sounded like Godzilla coming through the forest. CRAZY! This was right next to the house.

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
from GLP

"Five people are dead and many more have been injured in the crash on Interstate 35 in Fort Worth, Texas
It's unclear what time the crash happened but it was before the sun rose and after a night of sleet and snow
Firefighters are going car to car, looking for people who urgently need medical help along the crash site
They are having trouble accessing the vehicles because the freeway is still so icy
Photos and videos from the scene show trucks plowed into car ports and vehicles entirely smashed
Another three people have died in different crashes across the state that were also caused by the storm "

Picture of Mr Breeze
posted Hide Post
I heard audio of an eyewitness that said trucks were traveling up to 85mph before the accident occurred, just crazy.

---------------------------
Call me the Breeze -------

Posts: 514 | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS:
from GLP

"Five people are dead and many more have been injured in the crash on Interstate 35 in Fort Worth, Texas
It's unclear what time the crash happened but it was before the sun rose and after a night of sleet and snow
Firefighters are going car to car, looking for people who urgently need medical help along the crash site
They are having trouble accessing the vehicles because the freeway is still so icy
Photos and videos from the scene show trucks plowed into car ports and vehicles entirely smashed
Another three people have died in different crashes across the state that were also caused by the storm "

BS!

There was no sleet or snow here before all of that. Read my post above. It was a big patch of ice on the raised bridge whereas there was no ice on the preceding stretch of road. Someone hit it, slowed down or lost control and madness happened.

There is a period of time where ice does not exist and seconds later it does. That period of time is when the accident happened.

I live in the DFW metroplex. Damn liars.

Hell is upon us, grab a seat!

Posts: 8510 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Traitor Vic:
quote:
Originally posted by MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS:
from GLP

BS!

There was no sleet or snow here before all of that. Read my post above. It was a big patch of ice on the raised bridge whereas there was no ice on the preceding stretch of road. Someone hit it, slowed down or lost control and madness happened.

There is a period of time where ice does not exist and seconds later it does. That period of time is when the accident happened.

I live in the DFW metroplex. Damn liars.

Tnx for the update..

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
Energy Emergency" - Texas Power Provider Warns Of Rotating Outages As Cold Weather Tests Limits Of Grid
Texas power grid operator ERCOT, has issued a statement warning of an "energy emergency" and threatening "rotating outages" just when residents need the power to heat their homes the most:

The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) is asking consumers and businesses to reduce their electricity use as much as possible Sunday, Feb. 14 through Tuesday, Feb. 16.

"We are experiencing record-breaking electric demand due to the extreme cold temperatures that have gripped Texas," said ERCOT President and CEO Bill Magness.

"At the same time, we are dealing with higher-than-normal generation outages due to frozen wind turbines and limited natural gas supplies available to generating units. We are asking Texans to take some simple, safe steps to lower their energy use during this time."

Here are some tips to reduce electricity use:

Turn down thermostats to 68-degrees.

Close shades and blinds to reduce the amount of heat lost through windows.

Turn off and unplug non-essential lights and appliances.

Avoid using large appliances (i.e., ovens, washing machines, etc.).

Businesses should minimize the use of electric lighting and electricity-consuming equipment as much as possible.

Large consumers of electricity should consider shutting down or reducing non-essential production processes.

Given the prolonged, below-freezing temperatures, conservation measures should be implemented safely and within reason.

more: [link to www.zerohedge.com (secure)]

Picture of JimmyB.
posted Hide Post
I remember in the 70s you would get a lower rate if you went all electric in my area.Those days are over and in areas they promote electric the grid can't support anymore anyways.But gas of any form is evil now...

https://www.motherjones.com/en...source=pocket-newtab

Posts: 1847 | Location:  | Registered: April 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
So...
T.V.....
how is it down there?

five nipple points
Picture of itsme
posted Hide Post
Saw a twatter post by some commie but making an interesting point...

She/it said that Tejas didn't bother using lubricants rated for below zero wx in the turbines. Hmm... wonder if true. If so, they're idiots. Just have the stuff in there, period. Unless you're in Cuba or near the equator, you're going to get cold, prepare correctly.

.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.

Do you like my boobies?

Please, please no picture's.

Repeal the 19th.

Posts: 1740 | Location: In your mother. | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
Come on traitor vic..

Tell us how bad it is!!!!!!

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
from glp

3,462,291 - HUGE SURGE NOW - in customers without power right now in Texas ~ Over 114,000 in Louisiana
each "customer" can represent one person, or a business, or a family.

many people impacted.

[link to poweroutage.us (secure)]

Will update numbers in this post as day goes on -

6:15 EST - 1,678,700
6:30 EST - 1,834,260
6:57 EST - 2,068,765

7:47 EST - 2,382,119

9:08 EST - 2,506,020

11:23EST - 2,702,881

11:46EST - 2,671,753

12:00EST - 2,703,967
12:30EST - 2,783,429
12:45EST - 2,798,806

1:26 EST - 2,802,978
1;56 EST - 2,768,655

2:15 EST - 2,816,078
2:46 EST - 2,842,736

3:30 EST - 3,462,291

Oregon has had over 200,000 customers without power for at least a day - weather tough there too.

This morning it is over 300,000 customers without power in Oregon.

here is music to keep you warm, I mean it. Set in Arizona, finest movie soundtrack ever made, 1968..
Once Upon a Time in the West

[link to www.youtube.com (secure)

7 boner points
Picture of chicom
posted Hide Post
Troubles down in Flatland you say? The snowfall is finally picking up in the Rockies. It's about time. Have about 3 feet around the cabin.

Heard those power pinwheels in Texas are freezing shut, contributing to power outages in a winter storm and freezing temps.

Oh no, that sucks.

Posts: 8238 | Location: Land of Violent Eschatological Buskers | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JimmyB.
posted Hide Post
When coal gas oil and nuclear are outlawed just look what we have to look forward to.Guess we will all have to move to Idaho and burn wood.

7 boner points
Picture of chicom
posted Hide Post
You can live down south in the desert with the potatoes. No room for new development here. It's times like these I love living in the middle of a national forest.

Tard Princess
Picture of Cankerblossom
posted Hide Post
We deal with power outages all the time.

Suck it up Texas! lmao

Thought ya'all were tougher than this!

Does anything rhyme with orange?

Posts: 856 | Registered: April 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post