Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    Have a question to EMS or nurses.
Go
New
Find
Tools

Have a question to EMS or nurses.
 Login/Join

43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted
I have a person on my street, I do not know them, but…they have a fire truck, ambulance and police all show up,at once about three times a week.

I was wondering if anyone would know of why that would happen. I speculated that it may be either a disabled, elderly or mental issue where they were using certain prescribed meds, such as morphine, opioids, other and the person either passed out or overdosed. Anyway, tired of speculation so I wanted someone else’s speculation.

Just guessing is fine, but I don’t know anything about why all three would show up so often, one day, they were all out there three times in one day.

Thanks!

Gladys Kravitz, Speculationist.

lmao

Ps….. And no, I ain’t gonna go down there and ask. We are keep to yourself type people. Don’t like people and don’t want them to come ask me if that happens here. I already have one here that does that.

My easy-going nature is gettin' sorely fuckin' tested.

Posts: 9656 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fifth Column Freeper
Picture of MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS
posted Hide Post
I presume you live near Denny O.
My Take:
The fire department would provide a fork lift to remove him from his electric lounge chair. The ambulance medic would provide anti anxiety medication during Denny's big move. The police would be in charge of patting him down thoroughly. That would include checking beneath his belly apron and observing all creases within the area in question.
All orifices should be checked for weaponry. In the past there have been certain folks who could hide large weapons within their anus. Do not be surprised if he has a couple of 45's stashed up there....complete with 200 results of ammo.

Posts: 11941 | Registered: September 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigbadbossydawg
posted Hide Post
Maybe the person is prone to falling. My brother falls a lot at home. He falls getting out of his car, he falls getting out of his scooter, he falls inside his house. Fire truck shows up. My niece tells me he isn't going to be here much longer. it's an everyday thing.

Posts: 1431 | Registered: September 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dissimulo
posted Hide Post
If the police show up every time, it is probably mental health.

Posts: 2885 | Registered: April 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tard Princess
Picture of Cankerblossom
posted Hide Post
For some reason when an ambulance is sent out, a firetruck shows up also.
Have no idea why.

Cops showing up it must be mental or domestic problem

Does anything rhyme with orange?

Posts: 1115 | Registered: April 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cankerblossom:
Have no idea why.

There was one instance where a woman dressed like she was a nurse (scrubs) was put in back of the police car and driven off.

So who the hell knows.

Nowhere close to D’oh Max. 200 miles away.

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Traitor Vic:
quote:
Originally posted by Cankerblossom:
Have no idea why.

There was one instance where a woman dressed like she was a nurse (scrubs) was put in back of the police car and driven off.

So who the hell knows.

Nowhere close to D’oh Max. 200 miles away.

You know T.V...my post was tongue'n cheek.

Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
You also know that events worldwide are heating up quickly. Take time this weekend to top off preps (I am serious)

posted Hide Post
Every city has police logs, fire logs, ambulance logs. It's public knowledge. Why not check with those logs - it usually says what the call was about. Do a Google search of the address, sometimes you can find some nuggets. Google came in handy when tracking a certain individual. Everything down to sex ads.

What Can Go Wrong
Picture of Charlie
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Charlie:
Our volunteer FD always sends out a fire truck for any vehicle accidents including parking lot fender benders. They do not send out a fire truck for in home type calls unless requested by the dispatcher. Example someone injured on a roof. Police do not go out also unless requested by the dispatcher. Sounds like this lady knows how to get attention and is likely lonely or nuts.

Obama Sucks!

Posts: 11987 | Registered: May 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Narcan run.

I had a county inmate/corrections half-way house down the road a few years back, set in a normal, family style residential house.
Near daily runs.
Now it's a county group home for warehousing mental deficients.
Again, the runs are endless.

It's kind of an escalating loop. If first responders go out (fire dept) the ambulance has to show up. If it's illegal drug related or probation/corrections related, the cops show up too.

Posts: 4598 | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1003 Tard Points
Picture of Jemima
posted Hide Post
When a person is too large for the 3 EMTs on the ambulance, firemen show up for muscle, and sometimes wall removal. The cop shows up to stand around with his hands in his pockets just in case he's needed. Safer than chasing crime.

Sounds like at some point the person caught his home health aide stealing. That's real common.

Posts: 1475 | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Can Go Wrong
Picture of Charlie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jemima:
When a person is too large for the 3 EMTs on the ambulance, firemen show up for muscle, and sometimes wall removal. The cop shows up to stand around with his hands in his pockets just in case he's needed. Safer than chasing crime.

Sounds like at some point the person caught his home health aide stealing. That's real common.

One run I was on we had a adult male (like lardass) who was well over 400 lbs. He blew out his spine. He had to enter his house through a 36" door sideways when going in and out. Well, we had to take him out lying flat on his back on our stretcher. We considered taking out a large picture window since he didn't fit. Instead we took a sawsall to his door frame. That worked with at least six firefighters helping on the inside and six more outside. When we got done with the run we noticed that the stretcher was all bend out of shape. We had to get a new one.

Obama Sucks!

Posts: 11987 | Registered: May 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
lmao

Thanks for all the response. I think it maybe another treatment overdose.

I will not go ask.

But that is probably the case, narcan style.

1003 Tard Points
Picture of Jemima
posted Hide Post
Another reason for fire department backup is CPR rotation. Once resuscitation efforts are started, we must continue until a dr or pa takes over or calls the time of death.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jemima:

Yes, a guy just got arrested for stealing retirement checks from his roommate who had been dead for 4 years. Family finally got a search warrant on the guys house, and found the body. Guy didn't get bail. Comments on FB that were left said "I worked with him at WalMart, he was the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet." panic

1003 Tard Points
Picture of Jemima
posted Hide Post