Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    Gotta read this one. Lardass whines about no wife or kid to cut his grass.
Go
New
Find
Tools

Gotta read this one. Lardass whines about no wife or kid to cut his grass.
 Login/Join

What Can Go Wrong
Picture of Charlie
posted
Dennis Olson

Chief Curmudgeon

15 It’s the end of the 1st week in October, and I’m having to cut the grass...

Every four days. It was 91 yesterday, with a high of 87 expected today. No chance of cooler weather until at least October 12th, and rain due for 5-7 days starting tomorrow. Grass is currently growing 1½” a day.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today 01:16 PM

poppy

Veteran Member

Normal here in Illinois. I always do my last mowing towards the end of October. We usually get about a month break during July and August due to heat and lack of rain but we never got a break this year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today 01:18 PM

Dennis Olson

Chief Curmudgeon

I did get an end-of-July/all-of-August break, but September was the 6th wettest in history, and with the hot temps, it exploded.

Today 01:20 PM

Disciple

Mid 80's for the next 5 days here. I usually cut grass till first of November. We haven't had many "good" weather days this year. The winter was wet and windy. Spring was wet, then it turned hot. Rained 3 days in a row last week back hot again.

Oh for a good fall!

Today 01:22 PM

narnia4

Well, back in your old stomping grounds (NW WI) it has been unusually cold (highs about 50) and rain 9 out of the last 10 days. And a little snow up north. So no picnic here either. Extremes seem to be the norm now.

Today 01:33 PM

Dennis Olson

Chief Curmudgeon

I’d love weather like that! In September, it rained something like 23 days out of 30, but it wasn’t a cool, refreshing rain (we almost never get that here, unfortunately). Everything down here is too hot, and either bone dry or soaked-shirt soggy. I know why about the humidity though. In most parts of the country, the wind blows west-to-east. Sometimes it’s east-to-West, but rarely. He though, it primarily blows south-to-North off the Gulf, and during the rare dry periods, north-to-South. It almost never blows across however. And starting in about May, a massive high pressure cap sits right on top of the entire state, letting in no weather at all. So it’s cloudless, windless, rainless and hot enough to mely lead, until that high dissipates sometime in October.

Today 01:53 PM

Blacknarwhal

Has No Life - Lives on TB

I won't stop mowing until sometime in mid-November, when the last leaf falls. I'll hope for a good wind soon after to blow the leaf shrapnel into the corn fields near the house, but if nothing else, my lawn will benefit.

Today 02:01 PM

marsh

Has No Life - Lives on TB

We had our first good rain of the season S. of Sacramento. One day, no more on the near horizon. Temperatures are around 80 with a breeze - windows are open. Still mowing, although leaves are falling.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Today 02:03 PM

NoMoreLibs

Veteran Member

Never complain about working; it's exercise. Embrace it.

Repeal the 15th

Rewrite the 14th

Molon Labe

We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children

Make America Confederate Again

Today 02:17 PM

Groucho

Veteran Member

Unless the weather changes rapidly, I figure to mow 3-4 more times. Cool today with a high of 62 and now it's raining. Supposed to warm up tomorrow and storms coming in. Then, maybe I'll get the garlic planted next week and mow and bag the clippings for mulch on the garlic bed. Life is good. Enjoy each moment you're here. It may not always be fun, but at least you're looking down on the grass.

If you aren’t making the time to get fit, get to the range and get your head wrapped around taking care of yourself in the future-is-now American Serbia, you are not paying attention.

If you have not been to the range in a month, you are underperforming.-BB

Today 02:29 PM

Terrwyn

Veteran Member

We missed the moisture from hurricane Rosa. 7 years now into a 1000 year drought.
And I worked hard today letting the gardeners in the gate.

Today 02:37 PM

Dennis Olson

Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreLibs View Post

Are you married? Kids living at home or close enough to assist if you call them?

Today 02:46 PM

Hognutz

Veteran Member

Join Date:Jun 2012Location:Williamsburg County,S.C.Posts:8,501

Its 92 here today, and yea gotta cut grass.

Damn I'm tired....

"America is at that awkward stage, to late to work within the system, but to early to shoot the bastards"-- Claire Wolfe

Today 02:51 PM

Hacker

Computer Hacking Pirate

Hmmm ...

I suggest you imagine all the snow you don't have to shovel.

- Hacker

The Bankster Chronicles: https://www.amazon.com/Edge-Darkness...dp/1540589188/

Today 02:53 PM

Dennis Olson

Chief Curmudgeon

I never shoveled. I used a snowblower.

Today 02:53 PM

tiredude

you need to add a 't' to the title......

Today 03:01 PM

Macgyver

Veteran Member

Cutting off maybe a little grass but more importantly grinding up the leaves.

Today 03:07 PM

Dennis Olson

Chief Curmudgeon

Thanks! T added

Today 03:08 PM

jward

Psuedo-H.I.

I'm smack dab in the middle of four season country, but had to deal with the 90+ weather and grass mowing chores.

T'ain't fair. Of course, the summer was so dry I didn't have nearly the battle of the greens I normally do, so perhaps it is fair.

Just thanking the Lord that the livestock eat leaves, and they all blow into the pastures, so I'm spared that bit of work!

We didn't elect Trump for his decorum; We elected him for our survival!

Today 03:24 PM

TerryK

TB Fanatic

This will solve your problems
You can also write MAGA in letters 10 feet tall in a liberals yard with it.

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence

Today 03:37 PM

raven

Veteran Member

relax . . . I am having to mow the rattlesnakes.

Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than a pesky raven?
It is difficult to stand idly by and watch the vacuum of ignorance being filled with lies

Today 03:41 PM

Dennis Olson

Chief Curmudgeon

Mowing rattlesnakes would be very satisfying I would think.

Today 04:12 PM

raven

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post

Mowing rattlesnakes would be very satisfying I would think.
I had a 1 foot wide strip between the front door sidewalk and the foundation about 30 foot out to the driveway.
Never gets direct sun so there was some sparse ground cover attempting to grow there.
In the last two weeks, I have found two small rattlesnakes curled up, looking much like some Texas cowboy's prize belt buckle.
Ripped up the ground cover and laid in small river gravel.

Killing rattlesnakes is never satisfying - especially if you have a woman around the house, or dogs, or cats - bunch of extra work.

Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than a pesky raven?
It is difficult to stand idly by and watch the vacuum of ignorance being filled with lies

Today 04:19 PM

Doc1

Veteran Member

Dennis, down in our latitudes we always get a last spurt of foliage growth before fall really kicks in. It's almost as if the Earth is protesting the coming cold and is desperately trying to fight it off by growing its own blanket! Sometimes it's not too bad, but this September the grass really put on a last-minute growth surge. I was hoping to avoid cutting our pastures again before the seasons change, but that's not going to happen now. It becomes a "must do" because of the winter fire danger of having acres of high, dead grass.

Best regards
Doc

Today 04:31 PM

Texican

Veteran Member

Was 93 degrees mid-afternoon here in SE Okieland....

The lack of rain hurt the hay fields this spring.... We got 9 round bails of hay with the first cutting when normally we would have 30 plus round bails....

With the recent rains, the hay fields are green, but still look thin....

Have a neighbor that I offered him to take what ever hay he could bail with me taking only one bail.... Have not heard back from him....

Texican....

Today 05:15 PM

Flippper

Time Traveler

Got our first frost last night, and we struggled to reach 55F today. I hate fall/winter. Enjoy the heat, it's been 2 days and I'm already missing it-and counting the days til May when it warms back up again.

"All right. They're on our left; they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us. . .they can't get away this time."

Today 05:22 PM

Dennis Olson

Chief Curmudgeon

Made it to 91 here in Austin.

Today 06:51 PM

packyderms_wife

Neither here nor there.

Need to mow the lawn here as well, it just never stops raining long enough to do so.

People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Navigation Timebomb2000 Top

« Previous Thread

Obama Sucks!

Posts: 11167 | Registered: May 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Can Go Wrong
Picture of Charlie
posted Hide Post
Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreLibs View Post

Are you married? Kids living at home or close enough to assist if you call them?

Obama Sucks!

Posts: 11167 | Registered: May 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1003 Tard Points
Picture of Jemima
posted Hide Post
lmao

His own damn fault he doesn't have a wife and kids to do his work anymore. He used D'Anne like a rented mule. The kids saw that. Mensa Man has smart kids.

Posts: 1252 | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shinmen Takezo
posted Hide Post
This guy is the definition of fat, lazy pig.

Posts: 5457 | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jombi
posted Hide Post
Jeezuz... If he wants to know why there's no wife or kids around, he should go look in the mirror. It's his own fault. One of his sons tried, but I wouldn't want my kids around this lunatic grandpa either. And since when is it the wife's job to mow the lawn (unless, of course she enjoys it)? What a lazy fat fuck.

Putting the fun in dysfunction

Posts: 248 | Registered: November 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tard Princess
Picture of Cankerblossom
posted Hide Post
If its so bad in Tx then why does he stay? What did he do so bad back in Wisconsin that he can't go back? Doesn't he have stuff in storage there? Wonder if it got confiscated from non-payment yet? Why not move somewhere else?

Does anything rhyme with orange?

Posts: 676 | Registered: April 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Tard Savior
And the number of Tard Points shall be three. No more, no less.

posted Hide Post
It doesn't matter where LardAss lives. You could find the "perfect" match for his tonnage weather wise, and he STILL would be unhappy.

Because, wherever you go, THERE YOU ARE.

He will always be a self centered sociopathic prick.

His family knows this. That's why they will have nothing to do with him.

Hell, anyone who interacts with him for a brief amount of time knows this.

Just like the scorpion on the frogs back...it's in his nature.

Posts: 2825 | Registered: March 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do you keep calling me Lardass? I am trim and fit. Almost 6 feet tall. Weigh less than 300 pounds. Perfect shape.
I get it. No sympathy from you knuckle draggers. Try cutting 6 inch jungle grass every 4 days in 90 degree weather. And that is not the worst of it. Every third or fourth step is into a pile of dogshit. There are two good things. I only shovel the dogshit once every two months and the fenced area is only 10 by 6. Now that I think about it, one more bad thing is that the dogs track that shit into my double-wide trailer. That's not so bad until they jump on my bed. I have to change the bedding every couple of months.

Don't fuck with me.

Posts: 6 | Registered: October 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Helel ben Shaḥar
posted Hide Post
The only kindness lardass ever did to me was banning me.

Thank you, you narcissistic sociopathic piece of filth.

"Bigly!"

The member formerly known as Libertarian

Posts: 6187 | Location: SouthCentral Texas | Registered: August 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Helel ben Shaḥar:

You are most welcome Hell kike Shariah.

Don't fuck with me.

Posts: 6 | Registered: October 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Helel ben Shaḥar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis O1son:
quote:
Originally posted by Helel ben Shaḥar:

You are most welcome Hell kike Shariah.

Not only are you a quivering lump of queer suet, your wife had to find a actual man who could please her (yeah, you set a low bar). You are akso a dyslexic grammar Nazi thug.

This is fun, trading quips with a sock puppet.

"Bigly!"

The member formerly known as Libertarian

Posts: 6187 | Location: SouthCentral Texas | Registered: August 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
No wife to cook Thanksgiving dinner & do the dishes while he shovels pie in his piehole. Frown

>>>

"LIVE! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!" Auntie Mame

>>>

I never asked for trust funds. They were thrust upon me. Have pity.

<<<

Posts: 3156 | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jombi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raisedbypoodles:
No wife to cook Thanksgiving dinner & do the dishes while he shovels pie in his piehole. Frown

He has the dogs. There's no telling what sort of "tricks" he's taught them to do...

Putting the fun in dysfunction

Posts: 248 | Registered: November 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post