Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    Our Local Police Chief - small time national news
Go
New
Find
Tools

Our Local Police Chief - small time national news
 Login/Join

Picture of Brutus
posted
https://www.motherjones.com/cr...aEt_7h8EcLXNqPdKK-3w

Leaked Audio: A Police Chief Fantasized About “Fucking Up” a Racial Justice Protester

A Mississippi police chief has been caught on tape bragging that he crashed a nonviolent protest and thought about assaulting its Black organizer, who had criticized him on social media. “I thought about fucking him up right then,” Chief Kenneth Collins said of activist Marquell Bridges, in a conversation recorded earlier this year. The audio, leaked online last week, follows a detective’s allegation that Collins told her to hit Bridges with false criminal charges.

In February, Bridges organized rallies in Brookhaven—where Collins is chief—after a white father and son allegedly chased and shot at a Black FedEx driver delivering packages. Although the driver wasn’t wounded, the incident drew comparisons to the fatal shooting in Georgia of Ahmaud Arbery, a 25-year-old Black man who in 2020 was chased and killed while jogging by a white father, his son, and their neighbor.

About a week after the Brookhaven attack, Gregory and Brandon Case turned themselves in and were quickly released on bond. Prosecutors charged the first with conspiracy to commit assault and the second with purposefully shooting into a motor vehicle, allegations that the pair deny. A grand jury is now considering whether to indict them. But in the days after the attack, both the FedEx driver, 24-year-old D’Monterrio Gibson, and the local NAACP chapter called on Chief Collins, Brookhaven’s Republican Mayor Joe Cox, and other law enforcement officials to resign for failing to adequately address incidents of racism. “Brookhaven is not a racist, prejudiced town,” Collins said at the time, according to the Jackson Advocate, a Black newspaper in nearby Jackson, Mississippi. “You can’t judge a town by the actions of two individuals.” According to a federal lawsuit, Gregory and Brandon Case are relatives of the police department’s assistant chief.

-snip-

lmao

I am Brutus. Or, Lord Brutus if you prefer.

Posts: 2623 | Location: southwest Mississippi | Registered: August 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who hasn't thought of doing something to these 'protesters' at one time or another? His problem is it is on audio.

Posts: 190 | Location: Southern Born! | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeetcow
Picture of Jefiner
posted Hide Post
Still smdh over the thought of shooting a FedEx truck.

Dumbassery all around.

Don't pet the fluffy murder cow.

Posts: 4199 | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brutus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefiner:
Still smdh over the thought of shooting a FedEx truck.

Dumbassery all around.

What none of the coverage of that case has mentioned is this:

FedEx and their stupid fucking asses have been hiring independent contractors for delivery who just ride around in unmarked vehicles like plain white vans with no FedEx logo on the vehicle anywhere.

The two locals in question (father and son) were keeping an eye on the father's mom's house as it had been robbed about 2 months prior.

They saw an unmarked vehicle leaving from her house back out the driveway to the road and when they blocked the driveway with their vehicle to get him to stop, he just tore out through the yard and went across a shallow ditch to avoid them and get back into the road. It was then that the son let off a few shots toward the delivery vehicle as he took off down the road.

There was no delivery due at the lady's house, but the idiot ass contractor had dropped someone else's package there by mistake and was going back to retrieve it. That was the only reason he was there at all.

I agree that the son pulled a stupid ass stunt by firing at the guy's vehicle, because they could have easily followed him, gotten his tag number, and gotten the sheriff involved while they continued to follow. The father and son were in a regular full-size pickup, but the delivery vehicle was like a 2-3 ton size box truck. No way he would've outrun them in that thing.

But this whole thing starts with FedEx pulling some fly-by-night shit using delivery people in unmarked vehicles, and was exacerbated by a **gg** acting like a **gg** and tearing out through someone's yard and not behaving in a business-like manner. An unmarked vehicle leaving someone's house and tearing out through the yard when confronted looks exactly like a thief fleeing the scene of a crime.

THAT is the part of the story that is being suppressed. Chief Collins is a pretty solid black guy and long-time cop from here and he's disgusted as fuck that the usual crowd are trying to whip this shit up into some sort of race crime of the century, and he knows that that's complete bullshit.

Roll Eyes

I am Brutus. Or, Lord Brutus if you prefer.

Posts: 2623 | Location: southwest Mississippi | Registered: August 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
they blocked the driveway with their vehicle to get him to stop, he just tore out through the yard and went across a shallow ditch to avoid them and get back into the road

To a degree, I can understand the driver's response. It can be a dangerous job at times, whether a good neighborhood or a bad one. However, considering he obviously had an escape route, locked doors w/windows up would have been a logical response. Defense should demand the driver be drug tested (hair, not urine or blood) And FedEx should brought to task for not having the vehicle marked.

quote:
There was no delivery due at the lady's house, but the idiot ass contractor had dropped someone else's package there by mistake and was going back to retrieve it. That was the only reason he was there at all.

I wish our various delivery drivers would do that. They usually drop packages and go, leaving neighbors to sort it out. (not all neighbors are honest) USPS is REALLY bad about that.

quote:
I agree that the son pulled a stupid ass stunt by firing at the guy's vehicle, because they could have easily followed him, gotten his tag number, and gotten the sheriff involved while they continued to follow.

100%

quote:
the usual crowd are trying to whip this shit up into some sort of race crime of the century, and he knows that that's complete bullshit.

Again, 100%

The root of the issue as I see it: the contract vehicles are unmarked. I've flipped to instant defense mode myself when one comes here unmarked.

Still, firing at the vehicle? Anyone that owns firearms should know better. I doubt they'll get off the hook for that. The scenario of following the vehicle while phoning LE makes sense. I would expect FedEx's lack of vehicle ID to be brought in by defense.

/sitting here typing this, waiting on FedEx to deliver 500 bux worth of doggo Heartgard from Jef's home town, lol

>>>

"LIVE! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!" Auntie Mame

>>>

I never asked for trust funds. They were thrust upon me. Have pity.

<<<

Posts: 4498 | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeetcow
Picture of Jefiner
posted Hide Post
quote:
sitting here typing this, waiting on FedEx to deliver 500 bux worth of doggo Heartgard from Jef's home town, lol

Puppers ok?

I see brootus's point, up to the slurs lol. But yeah, shooting into a vehicle? Not the idea of the century. It has been a rule in EVERY concealed carry class I have taken that you may only shoot to defend your life or someone else's. These guys are in serious trouble.

Don't pet the fluffy murder cow.

Posts: 4199 | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
All the doggos are good, big & small. With what's going on right now we decided it was a smart move to stock a year supply of Heartgard, Frontline, foods, etc. Factor in the daily increase of prices for EVERYTHING, my motto for the time being is 'buy it now or pay more later'. (if it's even available later) We usually keep just a month or 2 in stock at home. It's the only way to be sure.

>>>

"LIVE! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!" Auntie Mame

>>>

I never asked for trust funds. They were thrust upon me. Have pity.

<<<

Posts: 4498 | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post