Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    DOOM via GLP
Go
New
Find
Tools

DOOM via GLP
 Login/Join

Fifth Column Freeper
Picture of MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS
posted
Ive been convinced the world ended sometime circa 1998-99.

Up until that time my life was amazingly wonderful, filled with amazing live music not of the autotune variety, internet was completely free and amazing. Only worry in the world (that brought me to GLP) was the Y2K bug that would shut down society...

Then 9/11 happened.

I fractured off into a whole new reality, going back to college,and doing something different(medical field), looking for meaning.

Meaning was found, but post 2001 was like post 2022 covid (for now)...

Still had DOOM to look forward too...2012 End of the MAYAN CYCLE!!

Yea that didnt happen. Terrance McKennas whole Timewave Zero..yea no show..

COVID!

My end of life as far as doom goes is 2024...and that was some Nostradamus stuff I read, that stated 2024...

So really, if I live another 2 years and make it past that...I have no DOOM left in me.

And while I dont like the general direction society has taken in the last 20 yrs...its not completely terrible, its just not half as fun as things used to be. And it comes down to one thing...

FREEDOM! Being free is an amazing feeling, even if it will hurt you (I should know, as others that lived back then). And funny that...while revisionists will tell you blacks, and minorities, and others were repressed...I hung out with all those minorities and we all had a good time...

I'd drop a dime and tell you...but you probably dont know what dropping a dime is...

I miss the old world.

author ANON

Posts: 11621 | Registered: September 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
from zerohedge..."America is slipping into the abyss as households get a taste of what it's like to live in Venezuela. It's not that far off from what people are experiencing today: soaring inflation, shortages, a ruling regime which so many claim was not elected by the majority and soon, rolling blackouts. "

Picture of bigbadbossydawg
posted Hide Post
One can refuse to give in and go do what you want to do. That's my plan, I decided to take a trip to Sin City, a side trip to the Grand Canyon, and have a good time for a few days. Nothing is stopping anyone from doing anything except for fear and money. I don't fear, I have some money and I'll spend it. Just bought a new car, get in line and take your chances. Fear kills.

Posts: 1262 | Registered: September 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tardigrade A+
Picture of ANGRY RAGEHEAD
posted Hide Post
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Posts: 1567 | Location: Vagina Gulch | Registered: April 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
Half of you will be gone by 2030...

Massive war, starvation, economic and social collapse is coming all by a marvelous design that is above your limited conception!

Cowbellist
Picture of Jefiner
posted Hide Post
"It is easy enough to say that man is immortal simply because he will endure: that when the last dingdong of doom has clanged and faded from the last worthless rock hanging tideless in the last red and dying evening, that even then there will still be one more sound: that of his puny inexhaustible voice, still talking.

I refuse to accept this. I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance. " ~ William Faulkner.

That is a good place both to end - and to begin.

Don't pet the fluffy murder cow.

Posts: 4071 | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brutus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefiner:
"It is easy enough to say that man is immortal simply because he will endure: that when the last dingdong of doom has clanged and faded from the last worthless rock hanging tideless in the last red and dying evening, that even then there will still be one more sound: that of his puny inexhaustible voice, still talking.

I refuse to accept this. I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance. " ~ William Faulkner.

Fellow Mississippian there.

Big Grin

I am Brutus. Or, Lord Brutus if you prefer.

Posts: 2432 | Location: southwest Mississippi | Registered: August 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ANGRY RAGEHEAD:
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

My personal very worst fear I imagine would be walking into my kitchen to see Eduardo "Lalo" Salamanca standing there and telling me that we were going to have a little talk.

Yeah, or even coming across the actor who plays that character. The creepiest, greasiest, freaky ass charismatic monster there is, an he plays him well.

He makes Hannibal Lecter seem like a Disney character.

That’s my doom fear. But I like to make believe there is no doom, And wanting the doom to come and go quick like lightning.

My easy-going nature is gettin' sorely fuckin' tested.

Posts: 9553 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
five nipple points
Picture of itsme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS:
Half of you will be gone by 2030...

Massive war, starvation, economic and social collapse is coming all by a marvelous design that is above your limited conception!

Well, shit happens I guess.

When I go I'm taking everything around me out too. No sense in going quietly.

.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.

Repeal the 19th.

Posts: 2152 | Location: Behind you, look now! | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fifth Column Freeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Traitor Vic:
quote:
Originally posted by ANGRY RAGEHEAD:

My personal very worst fear I imagine would be walking into my kitchen to see Eduardo "Lalo" Salamanca standing there and telling me that we were going to have a little talk.

Yeah, or even coming across the actor who plays that character. The creepiest, greasiest, freaky ass charismatic monster there is, an he plays him well.

He makes Hannibal Lecter seem like a Disney character.

That’s my doom fear. But I like to make believe there is no doom, And wanting the doom to come and go quick like lightning.

Glad to see you back.You were missed.

posted Hide Post
TV, here's a BCS/BB timeline for you:

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/b...-timeline-explained/

I think I should rewatch BB Season 2, which is where we first meet Saul Goodman on BB, for any clues about where BCS may end up.

I'm thinking in particular, the scene where Walt and Jesse, in disguise, confront Saul after dark. Saul is panicky and blurts out, "is that you, ____?" Did he say Lalo? If so, does that mean we don't know what happens to Lalo in the next several BCS episodes?

For another side of Lalo watch this shortie:

https://www.bing.com/videos/se...iew=detail&FORM=VIRE

Posts: 1338 | Registered: August 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cowbellist
Picture of Jefiner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brutus:
quote:
Originally posted by Jefiner:

Fellow Mississippian there.

Big Grin
Thumbs Up

Don't pet the fluffy murder cow.

Posts: 4071 | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Webster:
TV, here's a BCS/BB timeline for you:

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/b...-timeline-explained/

I think I should rewatch BB Season 2, which is where we first meet Saul Goodman on BB, for any clues about where BCS may end up.

I'm thinking in particular, the scene where Walt and Jesse, in disguise, confront Saul after dark. Saul is panicky and blurts out, "is that you, ____?" Did he say Lalo? If so, does that mean we don't know what happens to Lalo in the next several BCS episodes?

For another side of Lalo watch this shortie:

Thanks Max.

And yes Webster, that scene Saul and Kim were in their stage of waiting out Lalo’s potential return and Jimmie feared Walt could have been a Salamanca crew.

I fear for Kim. She never appeared in BB and Saul’s bachelor pad didn’t appear to contain her stuff.

Lalo does scare the piss outta me, just his resting bitch face is frightening. (Hubby said it is because Lalo looks exactly like my father did back in the 50s). Yikes…. No wonder I was well behaved.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Traitor Vic,

43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
Uh, Webster, he forgot the ricin beans!!