Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    So if a heavy chain-smoker (one that rips the filters off of cigarettes) finally starts coughing and can't stop....
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 105
Go
New
Find
Tools

So if a heavy chain-smoker (one that rips the filters off of cigarettes) finally starts coughing and can't stop....
 Login/Join

1000 tard points for ignoring any and all advice
posted Hide Post
This is really no walk in the park.

They let him out last night from the colonoscopy and he went back in this morning for the chemo number five. Except he was all swollen hands and feet and high blood pressure, so they decided not to super-hydrate him but just to give him something that would make him pee and go ahead with the chemo IV and then let him go home instead of more super-hydration after that (usually it's six hours of hydration, four of chemo, and then six more of super hydration and an overnight stay).

He could hardly get his shoes back on and his hands are fat yellow sausages. They doc gave him some pills to make him pee more and off home we went...told him to cut out the charcuterie and the salt.

First thing he did was to stop at the nearest bar for a beer...not a shandy this time, either. I told him I'd be on the Internet tonight to see what drinks were low sodium and what drinks were not. THAT didn't go down too well. So I said I didn't give a hoot what he drank or didn't so please would he stop talking about his health if he didn't want any advice or nudges from me.

Then I drove a zillion kilometers...him back home, pick up four different kids at four different times from four different trains coming from four different directions.

Including my daughter's boyfriend...it took a week of debate and arguing and persuasion to be allowed to have the boy stay and (gulp!) have sex with my daughter in GOG's house with Princess in the same house!

So tonight the girls and the boyfriend are here, but GOG is out at his business partner's house (the rather feminine mentally wonky one). I'm sure he would have preferred to be at the gay dommie man's one, but he still banned from there (although gay dommie and his boyfriend have come recently to fix some equipment at the shop...GD fixing the equipment, GOG trying to look over his shoulder in order to be close to him, and GD's feminine boyfriend in between the two of them playing a sort of bodyguard...had to laugh).

GOG is all antsy and hyper and argumentative and I'm sure it's because of the boyfriend being here and not the chemo meds...usually he doesn't fall down flat on his face or have reactions til Sunday night after the Friday chemo.

Princess is pretty cool about the whole thing and is more worried about her mom maybe having breast cancer and her ending up a complete orphan than what her father thinks about what might and might not affect her future sex life.

Crazing fucking days.

Posts: 16791 | Location: France | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virgin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Including my daughter's boyfriend...it took a week of debate and arguing and persuasion to be allowed to have the boy stay and (gulp!) have sex with my daughter in GOG's house with Princess in the same house!

I love how life goes on and love happens and susie....they better be careful or babies happen!!

And I think it's a good thing to let him do whatever he wants...drink, smoke, eat...it's not worth the fighting with him. If he dies, oh well....it's not your job to stop him from doing stupid shit. okay?

Ignore him and enjoy the beauty of young love Smile

Lib said:
making baseless assumptions is the national sport of UncleBobistan

what you wish for me I wish you twice ..

Demonizaiton of other viewpoints is a primary tool of propagandists who seek to de-humanize those who see things differently which makes it all too easy for those on the edge to use violence with indifference.

You are beautiful cuz you
are there, not there cuz you are beautiful.

Freedom is an Idea. It is not a Place.

Posts: 32503 | Location: SoCal  | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandyd:
quote:

I love how life goes on and love happens and susie....they better be careful or babies happen!!

And I think it's a good thing to let him do whatever he wants...drink, smoke, eat...it's not worth the fighting with him. If he dies, oh well....it's not your job to stop him from doing stupid shit. okay?

Ignore him and enjoy the beauty of young love Smile

Exactly, Sandy.

They're so sweet. They've been sweet on each other since last year at school and last Christmas he came and stayed a few days and then she went and stayed a few days at his house.

After that time, when I'd warned her about getting caught out by her hormones (MOM! We're just friends!), she said to me that maybe it was time to visit the doc and get some contraception...and then didn't need them or use them til this summer, when she spent a month during the vacation with him and his family.

So cute.

And his parents have both called me (they're divorced) and we're all fine and dandy with our youngsters.

Those kids are far more responsible than I ever was.

Posts: 16791 | Location: France | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And, yes....I might miss him a bit when he finally kicks the bucket and it might seem a bit quiet for a time afterwards....but it's his damn bucket to kick or spit or piss in or whatever.

posted Hide Post
This may be the last post on the thread...

He's worse. Chemo number five and he was bad a week before treatment. Tired, tired, tired. This evening he (finally) admitted to sharp pains in his legs and his back getting stronger and stronger.

And he's being a right SOB, too. Told me last week that I was getting fired and he'd be dealing with his cancer by himself...starting from a week on Wednesday. Haha! Seems he needs me to stick around til the last chemo's affects wear off.

The cops are getting closer and closer.

Idiot business partner got arrested and spent the night in the cellblock at the police station.

The crazy business partner broke a window at the shop in a fit of temper cause he wanted money for the hot goods he'd given over to sell, but they haven't been sold yet. GOG and the other partner took the crazy one's stolen shit to the police and ratted on him. Well...GOG made the idiot one do that and so he thinks he's safe...yeah, throw your partner under a bus and see if you're all that safe.

Stupid! We'll probably all get murdered in our beds.

'Someone' slashed the tires on the truck last night (it was probably slashing practice and we'll be next). Two of those tires were brand new, two weeks old. Hadn't even been finished off paying for them, even.

GOG is playing sick and hiding behind my skirts....if the crazy one comes around asking for him, I'm to say he's in the hospital.

I went and had a little chat with the police, but they said they didn't have any questions for me.

Still haven't signed for the shop. He's still trying the 'forcing' on me. I told him he makes a better safe cracker than a manipulator.

He's pretty much not talking to me, anyway. I live in the studio with the kids and the dogs..and the kitten, who is growing into a crazy cat. I come into the house, he goes to bed or goes out. I go to open the shop in the mornings, he comes out of bed (I know cause the other morning I clacked the door, pretending to leave for the morning, and he was up and out of bed in a flash). He comes to the table and eats (or doesn't eat) and then leaves halfway through the meal and changes into his PJ's and goes back to bed.

Not my problem. He don't wanna eat, he only wants shandies to drink, he thinks he can go out with his buddies and plot and plan and hide hot stuff all over the place? Not my affair.

I no longer listen to complaints. I cook and clean and drive (or did, when there were still good tires) and take care of Princess and the shop. Then I go back into my little apartment.

Except on weekends, when the kids are around. Then I do all that and also talk to the kids and do their laundry.

Princess says he mom has breast cancer and she's afraid that she'll end up an orphan. Could be. And the poor kid can't tell anyone but me. I can't do this on my own.

I'm tired. Sleepy. Fed up and wanting more than this. But my sense of humour is intact and life isn't all glum....the clients at the shop make me laugh and the kids are having good school experiences. The toenails are still pink and the gym beckons..

This having no car is easy for me...I walk to the shop and walk to get groceries and walk to visit. Most of the kids can get where they need to go and to school (all five are at boarding schools this year). GOG, on the other hand, can barely walk down into town, and if he does, then he can barely crawl back up to his house afterwards.

Love that French health service with cancer patients being covered 100% with taxis and all. If the tires aren't replaced by the end of next week, then he'll be off to overnight chemo in a taxi.

The colonoscopy/polyp biopsy reports should be in by the end of the week.

I'm feeling rather sorry for the old nasty bugger. I don't know if it's karma or what, but every single problem and foe and trouble has picked right now to come after him...just when he's at his weakest...

The court thing
The cancer tiredness
The stuff in the back room
The business partners
The slashed tires
The rebellious teenager
Mr. Gay Dommie has found another boyfriend and it isn't him
And I'm refusing to give him cash under the table
and to top it off, all of his money is being cut off, except for a very small retirement, because he's cheated himself right into a corne, and he's refusing to get his paperwork seen to because he's afraid that Princess will be taken away and given back to her mother.

So...if UB's is closed down, this is where we are at the moment.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susie,

<Jefiner>
posted
Ah, jeeez . . . so sorry to hear that, susie.

It seems like just about the time you get your footing, another tsunami just rolls you over.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aw, Jef...don't worry. I just didn't know about narcissists before.

His problems are his. There will be a few left after he finally kicks the bucket...and Princess will probably have leftovers from them for some of her life...but for me, things are calm and reasonably ok.

I shoulda known better from the beginning. Never mind.

Virgin

posted Hide Post
quote:
I no longer listen to complaints.

Good.

quote:
I shoulda known better from the beginning.

People did tell you it could be that way but you did have good personal reasons for doing what you have done anyways.

Just how life is.

((hugs))

Lib said:

Demonizaiton of other viewpoints is a primary tool of propagandists who seek to de-humanize those who see things differently which makes it all too easy for those on the edge to use violence with indifference.

Posts: 32503 | Location: SoCal  | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I've been given the pink slip. Fired. Got the sack. Shown the door. Byebye and all that.

Sort of.

He very nicely told me this evening that he wants to deal with his cancer all by himself and that I could go back home. Says if he needs a nurse, he'll call one.

My daughter heard him telling The Godfather that his daughter wants me to stop cleaning her room and that he is tired of when I turn on the kitchen light to cook (hey, can I help it if my eyes don't see very well in the dark?).

He tried to give me one more chance to stay....like if I could pay off his bills and cough up the thirteen grand more (under the table) for the shop....Jeeze! And we all know that loot ain't gonna be going to Princess.

Says he no longer lives his own life anymore because I do the dishes and fill the fridge and make everybody be polite and play 'Happy Families' at the table, and that he wants me to piss off so that he can eat just bread and cheese and pasta if he wants. And drink.

Not to mention that Mr. Gay Dommie has recently broken up with his boyfriend and GOG is, as the Brits say, "Gagging for it."....Mr. GD is (eventually, when he decides to show up) the one that's meant to fix the broken machines at the shop (weeks and months broken), AND is meant to fix the slashed tires.

Mr. GD says that garages won't fix tires that have been poked by screwdrivers in their sidewalls because it's not safe, but that HE knows how to do it so that it's perfectly safe to drive with. Yeah....like anybody in their right mind would drive around on tires fixed that way, with kids in the car and all.

I have learned that Narcsissists don't like it when people see through them. I guess he didn't appreciate my sense of humour and the fact that I said what I thought (albeit nicely) about some of the shit he does.

I guess he doesn't feel too comfortable about me being here and watching the show.

Too bad, it was amusing and sometimes interesting. Especially the bits about his past.

Oh, well.

He actually thinks I will still run the shop for him, and he actually thinks I'll be delivering the contents of the cashbox to him each evening after closing. Although he did say that I could have 20% of any work I did for any clients I brought in. Bah! He can keep those peanuts and stuff em where the sun don't shine.

Anyway, he still legally has to sell me that place, or pay a ten percent fine and pay the Notary Public fees....stops buyers or sellers from pulling out of a deal....and I'm certainly not backing out. Neither of us has $5,000 to waste.

Although I may be willing to wait a bit longer to sign...like til he fixes the machines that have broken down or until he repairs the door window that the crazy business partner broke or til he dies...which ever comes first. Guess I'll go to see the Notary in the morning and have a little chat with him.

Hope GOG doesn't get crazy and burn down the shop in the meantime. What with the tax people chasing him cause he's managed to declare no income from it for the past three years and all...along with all the rest of his little schemes that are turning to vinegar at the moment...he HAS threatened to in the past.

Now, let's see....what can I do for a little (well deserved) vacation? The kids are away at school all week and they'll even be gone to visit one of the big brothers next weekend. An entire two weeks of nothing to do. HMMM...gotta find a friend or two to babysit the dogs and that crazy kitten and then the world is all mine to do as I please in!

To do list:

-Get all of my stuff out of his place and out of the shop.

-Give back all of his keys...house, car, shop, etc..

-Let my own clients know I'm off for a little vacation and they will be dealing with him when they come in (that's only fair to them, wouldn't want them pissed off and not come back).

-Turn the water and the electricity back on at my house (gee, that was a dumb idea to turn it off, it'll now cost more than I saved to turn it all back on).

-Change the phone number so he can't call and convince me to come back or to look after the shop.

I may be a bit bored for a while, but I don't think I'll really be missing him. And the Florence Nightingale stuff wasn't all that easy, either. There hasn't been any sexlife for months and months, so I won't be missing that. Well...I do miss that and I wonder where my sexlife will go next, what with all I learned this time 'round....

It'll be nice to not have the crazy and the yelling and the manipulating any more.

Princess won't be ok, but that was something out of my league, anyway.

<Jefiner>
posted
wow--just when you think things are going in one direction, bang! Everything in reverse.

Hang in there . . .

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefiner:
wow--just when you think things are going in one direction, bang! Everything in reverse.

Hang in there . . .

He's losing it. I'm sitting here after midnight, typing away...and he comes shuffling out of his bedroom to go for a pee and comes up and pats me on the shoulder and says 'can't sleep?'.

Like maybe I should have a box of tissues by my side and be in tears or something?

I'm pretty sure that this is all a way to try to manipulate me into being subservient and to cough up that cash.

I wonder what would happen if I did cry? Sob, sob...but Goat! Whatever will you do? Just lemme stay and take care of you...sob, sob!

Too bad I can't fake it, just to see what would happen. I won't even try...knowing me, I'd bust out laughing at the wrong moment.

Really, though, I wouldn't have left if I hadn't been invited to leave. I was ready to stick it out til the bitter end, if only because I'd promised to. Personally, I think he still doesn't really believe he's dying.

posted Hide Post
Good Susie. You need a break from the bullshit even if just for a little while.

Go have some Susie Time, all about YOU and what YOU like without worrying about anyone else.

YAY!

Posts: 1952 | Registered: May 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
a refugee from
ORION NEBULA

posted Hide Post
We need a clapping hands smilie.

You GO girl!!!!

“If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”

~Albert Einstein

Posts: 9571 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virgin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, I've been given the pink slip. Fired. Got the sack. Shown the door. Byebye and all that.

Go party!

susie, let him be.

And on the selling and buying-long as you can put it off, the better.

Lib said:

posted Hide Post
So I left. It seems he was bugged that I spoke English to my kids, left the light on when cooking, didn't fix his lentil salad as he wanted, blah, blah, blah...

He's says it's my homones. Says it's my pussy that's my problem...as with all women. Ha! I told him I haven't felt as I were a woman in a long time. And as for my pussy; I no longer even ask.

At that point, he'd drunk a bottle of red wine in less than half an hour and said he was sorry for not touching me in all these months, but that he simply didn't know how. Then he went into the bathroom to have a pee and I followed him and said that maybe, since we'd already had some practice with me holding his willy while he peed (way back when), and maybe, since one of his doctor friends said that drinking urine might be good for helping cancer victims (look up urinotherapie, he said)....well, maybe we could make a kind of sexual game of it and give it a try, like. Anyway, as it was a bit difficult to even think of, maybe we could make it fun.

And then, while we were at it, we could also play the cancer cure from Gerson...the coffee enema one. (there is a woman here who went to San Francisco and came back talking about that one...she's all cured, although she still does the coffee enema and the drinking berry juice thing). I did try. I tried to talk him into doing that, not only as a kick start for his erection/libido problems, but also maybe a think that might help about the lung cancer.

He just told me to get out of the bathroom and let him pee in peace, and then he came back out and had a good cry about dying...says he's not afraid, not after all the murder and gunfights he's been through. That was hard. We both ended up crying.

So anyway, then I went.

Except he keeps calling. Wants to pay me for running the shop for him. Cook dinner and eat together on Fridays. Drive him to chemo and back. Actually...just continue as before but not live in his house.

I can't do that cause I'm not Superwoman. Told him I'm taking a two week vacation and gave him the keys.

It's too dangerous. He and Idiot partner got mixed up with Skitzo partner. Skitzo filled the backroom with stolen stuff. Skitzo got arrested so GOG and Idiot put the stolen stuff in Idiot's place. Idiot got arrested and GOG said that maybe the cops would be banging down the door at his place (on a weekend with all the kids there, including my daughter's boyfriend). Got the kids out. Skitzo comes into the shop and gets into an argument with GOG...he wants his money for his stuff, GOG says it hasn't been sold, so no money. Skitzo breaks a window. GOG and Idiot take the stolen goods to the cops and say they 'think' it's stolen goods cause Skitzo gave it to them to sell. (Brilliant move, guys)Idiot's car gets broken into. All the tires on GOG's truck get slashed. Mr. Gay Dommie shows up, tells GOG that Skitzo is a real skitzo, and fixes the tires, only fixing sidewalls is illegal and dangerous in France. The truck gets sugarcubes and powdered sugar dumped into the gastank. Skitzo comes into the shop and tells me to tell the 'old fart' that he's getting kicked out of his apartment and it's all GOG's fault. Five minutes later, we go to Idiot's car (GOG has borrowed it cause his had sugar ingestion), and find the rearview mirrors and the wipers broken off. I open the shop one morning to find some kind of flammable liquid all over the stuff in the back room, and the back door ajar. I call the cops, who say to call the fire department, who come and see it"s an arson attempt and call the cops. GOG wonders out loud if he didn't forget and leave that back door open because sometimes he forgets and it showed no signs of being broken into (several people have keys to that place).

Personally, I'm wondering if GOG isn't losing his head, what with all his troubles, and didn't pour that liquid over all that stuff all by himself and then forget to lock the door.

I dunno. GOG says he's gonna shoot Skitzo and I told him to not be so stupid, as he'd simply lose custody of Princess if he did that (Princess has been coming home on weekends with a suitcase full of poopy (or bloody, depending on the time of month) underwear, and she's taken to, again, pilling her curtains shut all the day long. She either stays in bed or on the computer). Did I say that she told me her mother has breast cancer?

I put the dogs into a boarding kennel for two weeks, sent the kids off to their respective boarding schools, and went home. To bed for a few days. To reflect and to try to forget this whole stinking mess. I notice that Skitzo tries my door handle every time he passes by. Great.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susie,

posted Hide Post
Is there a nice hot spring spa nearby?
Go for it!

I gotta call Hayseed's mom about beef this morning. I'm waiting for Hayseed to leave her house. I'm not telling her who I am 'cause she will be bitchy and mean.

These people are seriously fucked up.

posted Hide Post
http://www.thermes-de-salies.com/

Yes, Auggy, right here in town. In fact, I've just come back from aquagym and the hammam. Unfortunately also with three big orders for the shop. Never mind, I texted GOG and he'll just have to do it all by himself in the morning.

This small town living can be a bit delicate in these instances...no point in telling the client, but then that means I still have to deal with him.

HE keeps calling me and telling me he's tired. I told him to text me, instead, and that I would only consider helping him if there was a health emergency. He's also calling me to say there's a water and electric bill at his house and I have to pay half...I told him that those bills would be paid in no time if he is serious about paying me to run the shop.

Oh, good lord....I cannot let this happen all over again!

Auggy, I"m seriously considering being a hermit...or as CS once suggested, a 'snarky bitch'...just to avoid all sorts of nasty humans. What IS IT with such bitter and angry and crazy people, anyway? Whatever happened to 'stop and smell the roses' or 'live for today'?

Fuck! Maybe I'll finish my dogless, childless, vacation out of town.

posted Hide Post
Wanna trade a goat for a hayseed?

How's he doin'? How are YOU doin'?

Virgin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, good lord....I cannot let this happen all over again!

Means you have gone down crazy roads with men before?

I think you are attracted to bad ones susie...dinner guy would be boring but nice.

I'm glad you told GOG you are not going home to then go back to his place and work all the time.

He can go into a home for care for now, right?

Lib said:

posted Hide Post
If I were you, Susie, I'd find a spa out of town. Turn off the phone and go.

Hayseed wants his privacy. He does not want me to see this, does not want to discuss this, does not want me to see his pain, his fear or how sick and frail he is becoming. There is shame. He does not want healing, he wants to die. Alone.

Discussions with my health professional friend who wants to do intervention on him, best guess is hep c from Vietnam.

He and I do fine for a few minutes talking. Yes there is love. I saw him in town and asked if I could come down on a specific day and dig the huckleberries he said I could have. He said yes.

I called first but no answer because he was outside, duh. The gate was open, which is okay for me to come down when the gate is open. I stopped and washed the farm sign, it needed it. He walked out from the corral and was fine, we were in deep shade. We walked to the huckleberry patch still in the shade so he could show me what I could have. Everything fine.

When I was finished digging and was putting water in the bucket he came back up to the barnyard. It's in full sun. It's in the sun a person can see how sick he is. I went to talk to a cow while waiting to talk with him. He went full raging spazz and started fighting with his cat. After he finally threw his cat in the pick-up he started the raging bullshit at me, refusing to look at me, but low and to the right.

I am not emotionally strong enough to stomp my foot, call bullshit and offer him part of my liver.

Even if I could beak through the bullshit, he's still gonna be dead in less than a year. It hurts no matter what. For both of us.

I still have to go up and pay his mom for my beef today. She obviously doesn't have caller ID. I didn't identify myself and she was her old pleasant self with me.

I need a new boyfriend. Finding one who loved and respected me as much as Hayseed, that attentive with so much in common is going to be very difficult. And no, we never had sex. Lots and lots of very much needed affection.