Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    So if a heavy chain-smoker (one that rips the filters off of cigarettes) finally starts coughing and can't stop....
Page 1 ... 106 107 108 109
Go
New
Find
Tools

So if a heavy chain-smoker (one that rips the filters off of cigarettes) finally starts coughing and can't stop....
 Login/Join

Picture of Libertarian
posted Hide Post
You should run for local office. It sounds like you're the only one doing anything productive. But the mayor is probably taking some credit for your hard work. Good on you, Susie.

"Bigly!"

Posts: 6395 | Location: SouthCentral Texas | Registered: August 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1000 tard points for ignoring any and all advice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Helel ben Shaḥar:
You should run for local office. It sounds like you're the only one doing anything productive. But the mayor is probably taking some credit for your hard work. Good on you, Susie.

It's really funny, and kinda cool...

I didn't ask or inform Claude, our mayor, about what I was planning to do...I just went onto that post on uor local residents Facebook page and told them to stop sitting on their butts andcomplaining, and to come join me to get rid of the weeds. Like, you know, really...the workers had been busting their butts for two months by then, what with the flood damage and all. Weeds, even tall ones, weren't exactly the priority. Told em come join 'Team Salies' and work together to do our bit (our town's name is Salies de Bearn).

Well, nobody showed up. But there certainly was a lot of reaction, both RL and virtual.

Mostly support. Pictures posted, cheers as people drove past, handshakes and the French double-cheek kiss.

Some 'other'. Mutterings that this was the mayor's responsibility. Saying that's what taxes are for. Complaining about the (quickly dissipating) smell of vinegar. Refusing to let me spray in fron of their houses. Grabbing their kids to protect them from what they probably thought was Roundup (as if I'd be spraying Roundup with flipflops on). Accosting me to demande what it was I was using. Telling me I was an idiot...or, before I got the backpack sprayer, and was using a windex bottle, crossing the road to avoid the crazy old lady, lol.

Many have asked if I'm employed by the town, or have said that I ought to be hired or to have the vinegar paid for by the town. Suggestions of crowdfunding. One lady handed me five euros to buy vinegar with.

That got a bit political, when I posted that this old lady is looking for a job, any job, and that some of my pay would ho directly towards vinegar purchase. My response was that, as I didn't ask or even prevenier, I had no real right to demand. And that I certainly didn't want to be told to stop, if it got too political, as I had taken the initiative on my own.

There was a point at the start, when I'd called in Mormon missionaries, from the next big city over, to come and join me on one of their volunteer days...and Claude walked past and gave me a double kiss and shook their hands, thanked us, and took a picture that he posted on the town's official Facebook page. I never knew, before seeing that photo, just how round and short and funny looking I was, lol. Nevermind that. He put in a few good words about the volunteer work, and I got a chance to excuse myself tor not telling him beforehand.

Last week, we ran into each other as I was dealing with a problem our Syrian refugees were having (whole nother crazy story, but they're safe, now....from some of us!), and he said he'd be calling me in the next few weeks. I laughed and asied what I'd done, or hadn't, and he said it was about the vinegar. When I responded by saying I hope I wasn't going to be told to stop, he said nope, it wasn't that. So I'm waiting. Maybe he will pay for the vinegar, or maybe offer me a job doing it...keeping my fingers crossed.
I'm continuing, in my bad-but-better-than-before written French, to post about weeds and the science of vinegar/water/salt ratios, and posting weed pictures, on our local page...I'll see if I can post the link. After a bunch of different and separate posts bybme and others, I'm trying to keep it to one sort of thread thing, so no one goes crazy with me talking too much. Which I know I do.
(Couldn't figure out how to post Facebook things in here, so I just shared all the vinegar posts onto my page. If you're on Facebook, I'm Susie Misajon)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susie,

Posts: 16853 | Location: France | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cowbellist
Picture of Jefiner
posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up

"There is nothing here but enjoyment. It's a buffet of madness and quackery, mixed with a bit of crazed horn dogs and thingsthatgobumpinthenight. -- Traitor Vic

Posts: 2921 | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I thought Roundup was banned in most of Europe?... it's not banned in France? Confused

>>>

"LIVE! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!" Auntie Mame

>>>

I never asked for trust funds. They were thrust upon me. Have pity.

<<<

Posts: 3217 | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roundup is not exactly banned, but just unavailable to the general public...or will be, once the new rule sets in.
Farmers can still buy and use it.

Posts: 16853 | Location: France | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I managed to get through the anniversary of Kalani's death without too much problem. In fact, the fear and trepidation beforehand were actually worse than the day. I did have a bottle of wine and a cold can of beer ready, just in case, but they weren't needed, after all.
It's been a couple of weeks, now, and regret, guilt, and wondering why are still coming fast and strong, but I guess that'll go away as soon as springtime shows up. Or I hope so.

I need to get out more often. These damned CO effects are still hanging around...tipping over, loss of memory and concentration (less than before, but still), incontinence (less than before, too, but shitty), and hallucinations (which have changed in the way they present, but are now scary, and worse).

I moved up to the attic...maybe the scary things in the hallucinations can have company with the spiders and bats that are up here, lol. Just the roof tiles between me and the rain, hail, thunderstorms, migrating cranes at four in the morning, and wind gusts.

Yeah, ok, maybe I'm going nuts, but it's really quite peaceful up here. Too high up (third floor) to hear anyone knocking on the door, or hear neighbors, or hardly anything else. It's peaceful and serene.

I've got a huge new mattress, that was given to me after the flood. It's the new kind of memory foam, which is ok until you try to move or get out of bed, when it's like heavy sand or something. I put another moussy thin one on top, which made it better, and less like some kind of quicksand. It's very cozy, and the cat and I are warm and cozy. The dogs have decided to stay downstairs.

The river, which is only a few meters from my house,hasn't flooded again...yet. It's been raining for the past few days, and gone up. I can hear the roar, and every now and then I go to have a look. So far, so good.

Anyway, if it floods all over, again, most of the things downstairs can either be washed another time...or just freakin dumped, as I don't want to do that all over, a second time.

This is what it looked like, the morning after...by that time, in the morning, the water had already gone done quite a bit, and had stopped being a raging current.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lhxVE9TJmd4

posted Hide Post
Drones are just so cool!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iGOpHvSs_MM

That's me, right down there, at the third frame....two doors down from the light colored house.

Picture of Libertarian
posted Hide Post
Hey, Susie! I saw you and waved. Why didn't you wave back? Razz

The drone footage showed some scary-awesome! The closest my home came to flooding was when the street ran with water from curb to curb. It was 3 - 4 inches deep. And I'm on a well drained rise! It had been raining night and day for three weeks when a serious uptick in the weather caused the rain clouds to bunch up and intensify the downpour. We were lucky places in my area had several feet of water. A section of I10 downtown was about ten feet underwater

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Libertarian,

"Bigly!"

Posts: 6395 | Location: SouthCentral Texas | Registered: August 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Lib!
Sorry, I didn't see you. I don't actually see anybody, I hardly go out. I pretty much stay up in the attic, trying to come to keep my sense of humour about these damn hallucinations.

They've changed, now, for the fourth time..first it was that I was voming back from somewhere else, then it was the instant future, then it was things moving...bats and spiders up in the attic, that actually weren't, and now it seems there is a duplicate universe...like I'm imaging being back at work at that pie factory, and I just know there's a second, mirror image factory, just beyond the factory wall.
Fuck, what's next, I ask?

Tard Savior
And the number of Tard Points shall be three. No more, no less.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by susie:
Hi, Lib!
Sorry, I didn't see you. I don't actually see anybody, I hardly go out. I pretty much stay up in the attic, trying to come to keep my sense of humour about these damn hallucinations.

They've changed, now, for the fourth time..first it was that I was voming back from somewhere else, then it was the instant future, then it was things moving...bats and spiders up in the attic, that actually weren't, and now it seems there is a duplicate universe...like I'm imaging being back at work at that pie factory, and I just know there's a second, mirror image factory, just beyond the factory wall.
Fuck, what's next, I ask?

Susie,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with hallucinations.

Are they from certain meds you are on, or are they happening all by themselves?

Posts: 2932 | Registered: March 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
All this is due to the carbon monoxide poisoning from the leaky exhaust pipe in my car.
It's no fun....hallucinations, loss of concentration, memory lapses, total incontinence; these things pretty much stay, and seem to get worse during cold weather. Many of the other symptoms, such as face flushes, tipping over, instantly falling asleep, weakness, dizziness, lack of breath, have more or less gone away, unless it gets really cold.
I'm still pretty much wary of driving, after almost t-boning a cop car, after running a stop sign.

It is supposed that most problems will eventually go away, with time and pure oxygen.
It's better, but still not much fun. Especially those hallucinations. And I really don't like being reclusive.

Lol, just now wasn't reclusive...
I was up in the attic, doing a bit of roof repair and changing a few tiles, when I heard the dogs bark. And a knock on the door.
I i think that, at first, I didn't hear it, and then I ignored it, as I figured that by the time I climbed down the ladder and gone down two flights of stairs, they'd have already gone away. Then they pounded on the windows, which aren't all that strong, dammit! So I ignored them.
I figured if they really wanted see me, they'd call, as the number is marked on the door.
Oops! I'd left the phone downstairs, with the ring off.
Ok, I'll go down.
As I got downstairs, there was somebody rattling and pushing my (also very old and weak) back door. And I was almost at that door when somebody crashed a crowbar through the window next to it! I yelled 'degage, connard!' (Fuck off, asshole!), got to the window...and it was a team of seven firemen (and women), lol.
Like..wtf are you guys up to?!
Turns out that some lady, who wanted me to help her and take her cat to the vet, hadn't managed to reach me and had convinced the emergency services that I was either hurt or dead, and they had to come and try to save me...with an ambulance, a stretcher, first aid kit, a crowbar, an axe, etc.. And they figured that she was right, as the lights were on, the radio was on, and the key was in the door lock, plus I wasn't answering the phone.
Lol. I gave them all a double kiss on the cheeks and sent them on their way. Then I figured I'd walk over the the firestation to offer them maybe a housekey or the kids' phone numbers or my facebook messenger name...if anything, to save having to replace the windowpane a second time.
As I left the house, a second team showed up, this time dressed for hard work, carrying ladders and wearing helmets.
Lol, lack of communication, I guess. They griloed me to be sure it was me.
This had kind of happened, some 24 years before. I'd just welcomed back my two boys, four and two, from their summer vacation with their dad, and the youngest wanted to nurse. I refused, and he had a fit, screaming and stomping and yelling and crying. I simply said no, and tried to sit it out. It was midnight, and I'd begun to doubt this mom thing, and wishing for my own mom, and wondering if I needed a psychologist...when there was a knock on the door.
Three neighbor ladies, looking surprised to see me, asking if the kids were ok. Lol, by then, the little buggers had come downstairs and were running around the lane in their pyjamas.
Seems the neighbors thought I'd gone out and was getting drunk, leaving the kids alone.
Sheesh!
But I guess, as the first time, it isn't all that bad. I mean, if there had been a problem, at least it would've been looked into.
But I did say to the emergency services that thirty minutes was a bit short, as I might've simply left the lights and the radio on while popping out for a moment, and that even cellphones don't always get answered instantly.

posted Hide Post
Haha! And then, about an hour later, there was someone else knocking, rattling the windows, pounding on the glass.
Fuck off, already, I refuse to be trained to obediently answer the door, I thought to myself.
And then the telephone lit up...it was a neighbor, who is also the sister of our mayor. Fucking hell. But I answered, and there was someone ekse who hadn't been informed that I'd been fiund alive and kicking...or maybe the pompiers had called her brother abd he'd saud to go check up on me, I didn't ask.
So, like...should I leave a note on the door, if I go out and leave the lights on? I leave a light on downstairs, yeah, for the dogs. It's a LED light. Sometimes I go upstairs or out, and leave the radio on. It's my old kindle and it's set to the BBC internet radio, and I can't be bothered to turn it off each time I go upstairs or outside to take out the rubbish or or something.
Do I, like, have to leave a note on the door...'don't bother to fucking knock, as I'm not going to be answering'?...or 'alive and well, go away'?...or 'I've just stepped out for a coffee, please either wait or come back later, but don't break down the doir or bash in the windows'?

Yeah, ok, the pompiers were simply doing a good job...but damn!
And that crazy catlady, well, last week she'd come by and knocked for three days before she found me, and she knew damn well that I am usually upstairs and don't answer.
Two days ago I drove her to the next town over to visit the vet (she's fighting with Jean Marc, our local vet). Her cat needed to ho back to the vet, this afternoon. I had an appointment in the morning, further away, so I offered to either pick up the cat on my way there and back, or she could take the bus with the cat, a bit later, and I could pick her up on my way back.
She didn't like either option, and said she'd figure something else out.
Ok, fine by me.
But it seems she'd come by with a note for me and stuck it in my mailbox (when I didn't answer the door), insisting that I take her to the vet during the afternoon. Then came by, saw my parked car, figured I was at home and could take her and her cat after all...knocked and got no answer, and decided to call out reinforcements in order to push things a bit so that I'd 'be available' to take the cat to where it needed to go.

Lol, I only figured that out because as I was walking over to the fire station to say thanks and to give them the phone numbers of my kids, she'd come screeching up, driven by another of my neighbors, and started hollering at me about the cat and the vet. I calmly said that I was going to speak with the pompiers, and that, as she hadn't liked either of the options I'd offered to get the cat to the vet, and that I'd been, as she knew, unavailable this afternoon, and hadn't seen her note, and hadn't heard her knock, and really couldn't understand why she thought that calling emergency services to say that I was perhaps having a problem...when she knew damn well I don't generally hear knocking or ampnswer the door, and that it was a good thing that I was home or my front door would probably be in pieces by now.
Lol, she didn't give a shit. She just wanted for me to drive her to the vet's office. Which was, surely, why she called out the entire town to drag me downstairs and outside.

I guess I'm not as nice as I used to be. I mean, I guess I could've just said ok, get into the car and we'll go. But shit, she knew I wasn't available to do it her way.
Anyway, she's not only kinda crazy, but stubborn. On Monday, she wanted to cuddle the cat while I was driving, and I said no, the cat stays in the cage, on the back seat. Then, on the way vpback, she leaned back and, I'm sure, let the cat out while I was driving, so she could pick it up and cuddle it. We were on a road that was difficult to stop at, so I said nothing...my mistake.

That note she left for me in my mailbox was another rather strange thing...passive aggressive, really. Even if I'd read it, and even if I'd been available, I don't think I'd have bothered, and when the firemen said she'd left a note that I hadn't answered and that was why she'd called them, it clicked, and I knew.

Hell, maybe I'll stay up here in the attic forever. I'm getting pretty tired of crazy humans.

Picture of Libertarian
posted Hide Post
Susie, you, my dear, are far too nice. My answer would be, "Not only, 'NO!' you stupid cow, but you can take the bus or walk from now on. Susie's taxi service is out of business! Now please fuck off. Then fuck off some more. Then keep fucking off until you find the Basques and ask them where you should fuck off too."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Libertarian,

"Bigly!"

Resident Heathen

posted Hide Post
I'm with Lib on this one, Susie - although I must admit it is good to know someone who is actually "nice". Sure hope you feel better soon!

Posts: 1293 | Location: Appalachia | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post