Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    So if a heavy chain-smoker (one that rips the filters off of cigarettes) finally starts coughing and can't stop....
Page 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108
Go
New
Find
Tools
Reply
  
So if a heavy chain-smoker (one that rips the filters off of cigarettes) finally starts coughing and can't stop....
 Login/Join
 
1000 tard points for ignoring any and all advice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snort:
Petrol? Do you mean gasoline? I've heard of kerosene used for body lice but not gasoline. Damn, that would be rough.

sniff

Whoops!...petrol is the French name for kerosene.
Gasoline is called essence. Sorry about that.

It's a good point, though. I'll have make that difference very clear in any publicity or advice. Thanks.

(Cow poop really is cow poop. Or it could be that it's bull shit)
 
Posts: 16842 | Location: France | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4923 Tard Points

God

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by susie:
My life is pretty good, all told. I try to think positive, even if sometimes, I think I'm nuts.


Good to hear.
 
Posts: 44404 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1000 tard points for ignoring any and all advice
posted Hide Post
I think one of my kids lives next door to a meth lab.
The discription I'm getting sounds strange...weird fishy-chemical smells, lots of visitors day and night, excessive heat coming from the apartment next door, so hot that the corridor is uncomfortable, my kid having tight lungs and breathing problems, plus becoming extremely bad tempered and anxious for no reason these recent times.
I was told about the neighbor this afternoon. There's also lots of 'ordinary' hashish smoking smells.
So I called my local gendarmes and asked if they could perhaps give me a clue to what a meth lab smelled like. They couldn't, before t advised me to tell my kid to call the fire services the next time those smells became obvious, or the emergency services if the lungs went wonky again...said that the services s have a full range of testing apparatus and skills to figure out what the problem is and where it's coming from.
Then I called the cops in the town where this is actually going on. They thought I was nuts.
Then I called a friend who is rather into the drug scene in a nearby city, who told me that meth is rare, but does exist (including, apparently, a lab pretty close to my own little village), but he says it may be 'only' mdma.
Then I called the kid, who thought I was crazy for going to all that trouble, but who also thought I was amazing for going through all that trouble (are you fucking kidding me? This is what moms are for!)....this is a kid who also recently told me about sitting in a cafe with friends and watching a man run by who seemed to be faster than a gazelle, and moments after, having a squadcar pass and ask them 'which way did he go?' (They all just pointed in the general direction of the gazelle).
On monday I'll be calling up my GP and seeing if there are any second person meth tests that could be run on this kid.
Then we'll see what happens next, depending on the result. Or even not...I think the kid should move to another place no matter what.
 
Posts: 16842 | Location: France | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uncle Dow
posted Hide Post
Recognizing a Structure Containing a Meth Lab -- From the OUTSIDE

(includes smells)

http://www.illinoisattorneygen...ingmeth/outside.html
 
Posts: 87 | Registered: August 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4923 Tard Points

God

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by susie:
I think one of my kids lives next door to a meth lab.
The discription I'm getting sounds strange...weird fishy-chemical smells, lots of visitors day and night, excessive heat coming from the apartment next door, so hot that the corridor is uncomfortable, my kid having tight lungs and breathing problems, plus becoming extremely bad tempered and anxious for no reason these recent times.
I was told about the neighbor this afternoon. There's also lots of 'ordinary' hashish smoking smells.
So I called my local gendarmes and asked if they could perhaps give me a clue to what a meth lab smelled like. They couldn't, before t advised me to tell my kid to call the fire services the next time those smells became obvious, or the emergency services if the lungs went wonky again...said that the services s have a full range of testing apparatus and skills to figure out what the problem is and where it's coming from.
Then I called the cops in the town where this is actually going on. They thought I was nuts.
Then I called a friend who is rather into the drug scene in a nearby city, who told me that meth is rare, but does exist (including, apparently, a lab pretty close to my own little village), but he says it may be 'only' mdma.
Then I called the kid, who thought I was crazy for going to all that trouble, but who also thought I was amazing for going through all that trouble (are you fucking kidding me? This is what moms are for!)....this is a kid who also recently told me about sitting in a cafe with friends and watching a man run by who seemed to be faster than a gazelle, and moments after, having a squadcar pass and ask them 'which way did he go?' (They all just pointed in the general direction of the gazelle).
On monday I'll be calling up my GP and seeing if there are any second person meth tests that could be run on this kid.
Then we'll see what happens next, depending on the result. Or even not...I think the kid should move to another place no matter what.


Please let us know the outcome. TIA
 
Posts: 44404 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1000 tard points for ignoring any and all advice
posted Hide Post
Meth and co. don't seem to be as prelevant as they are in the US...or not yet. There have been a couple of big busts and finds, recently, some coming from Spain, which we are very close to (I could throw a rock and hit the border, almost). So it makes sense that drug people over here would want to diy their own stuff.
I guess that the gendarmes and the police will beore concerned than they were when I called them, once it all gets more 'local-popular'. Although I think that may already be becoming the case, as a few of the people I've spoken to during the past 24 hours have been able to tell me way more about this stuff than you could expect from something 'not in place'.
I'll see what my GP has to offer in the way of advice/testing.
And maybe...if nobody else will...and it becomes more than suspicious...and nobody will make a move...I'll just have to go visit the kid and have my very own personal 'not be able to breathe' attack, and have to call the Pompiers. After all, both cop departments have advised this.
They show up, take tests, and voila. Or not. I go to the hospital and get seen to/tested, and voila. Or not.
The neighbor gets busted. Or not. Either way, nobody gets accused of ratting on him.
And, as the French health service won't be charging me an arm and a leg or a lung....
It may have to be that Supermom has to do what she has to do.
But first, a bit of inquiry.
And finding a sitter for the dogs, the cat, and the gerbil...in case I get to have a day or so of hospital rest and test.
 
Posts: 16842 | Location: France | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4923 Tard Points

God

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by susie:
Meth and co. don't seem to be as prelevant as they are in the US...or not yet. There have been a couple of big busts and finds, recently, some coming from Spain, which we are very close to (I could throw a rock and hit the border, almost). So it makes sense that drug people over here would want to diy their own stuff.
I guess that the gendarmes and the police will beore concerned than they were when I called them, once it all gets more 'local-popular'. Although I think that may already be becoming the case, as a few of the people I've spoken to during the past 24 hours have been able to tell me way more about this stuff than you could expect from something 'not in place'.
I'll see what my GP has to offer in the way of advice/testing.
And maybe...if nobody else will...and it becomes more than suspicious...and nobody will make a move...I'll just have to go visit the kid and have my very own personal 'not be able to breathe' attack, and have to call the Pompiers. After all, both cop departments have advised this.
They show up, take tests, and voila. Or not. I go to the hospital and get seen to/tested, and voila. Or not.
The neighbor gets busted. Or not. Either way, nobody gets accused of ratting on him.
And, as the French health service won't be charging me an arm and a leg or a lung....
It may have to be that Supermom has to do what she has to do.
But first, a bit of inquiry.
And finding a sitter for the dogs, the cat, and the gerbil...in case I get to have a day or so of hospital rest and test.


Sounds like a plan. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 
Posts: 44404 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4923 Tard Points

God

posted Hide Post
Bump
 
Posts: 44404 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1000 tard points for ignoring any and all advice
posted Hide Post
 
Posts: 16842 | Location: France | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unruly Peasant

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nikoli Krushev:
Bump




Susie, you need to learn from Nik about doing regular posting - you can't expect him to cover for you... nono2


_________________________
Life is too important to be taken seriously. ツ

Check out Toner's Smilies - pixels for all occasions...
 
Posts: 3196 | Location: On frozen pond | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post



1000 tard points for ignoring any and all advice
posted Hide Post
You didn't like the lambs, Toner?

Yeah, I know, I know. And there's so much to say, too. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Enjoy the sheep...except maybe sheep are scared of the dark.
 
Posts: 16842 | Location: France | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4923 Tard Points

God

posted Hide Post
Bump
 
Posts: 44404 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4923 Tard Points

God

posted Hide Post
Nuther bump
 
Posts: 44404 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4923 Tard Points

God

posted Hide Post
Triple bump
 
Posts: 44404 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Helel ben Shaḥar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by susie:
You didn't like the lambs, Toner?

Yeah, I know, I know. And there's so much to say, too. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Enjoy the sheep...except maybe sheep are scared of the dark.

https://youtu.be/n_G0Y7PxbsU


"Covfefe!"

The member formerly known as Libertarian
 
Posts: 6082 | Location: SouthCentral Texas | Registered: August 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4923 Tard Points

God

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toner:
quote:
Originally posted by Nikoli Krushev:
Bump




Susie, you need to learn from Nik about doing regular posting - you can't expect him to cover for you... nono2


lmao
 
Posts: 44404 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4923 Tard Points

God

posted Hide Post
bump
 
Posts: 44404 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4923 Tard Points

God

posted Hide Post
Hey Susie what's new?
 
Posts: 44404 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4923 Tard Points

God

posted Hide Post
bump
 
Posts: 44404 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1000 tard points for ignoring any and all advice
posted Hide Post
Hi, everybody. Hope you all had a merry Christmas and that everyone's new years' celebrations went well.

I spent the holidays pretty much with the dogs and the cat, at home. Making homemade soap out of oil and tallow and lard and duckfat. The kids were all too far away, so I enjoyed myself by staying in and being creative.

I don't pluck/shave/sandpaper my face if I don't go out, so my moustache/goatee/beard has never actually been this 'real'. Long and silky, even, lol. If I were more corageous, or if it were movember, I might leave it to grow just to see what happens. But I'm a coward, so when I next have to go out during the daytime, off it goes.

Sorry about that information. But it really is amaxing what old lady hormones, or lack of, are capable of. So I had to share, see?

The kids are fine, as far as I can tell.
The eldest went off to New Zealand for a month and a half to speak at a fish and river conference, then stuck around to go trout fishing on South Island. From the pictures he sent, the trout are amazing! Huge monster fish that don't see enough humans to know to be wary, and are easily (almost boringly) caught. Repots have it that the people are pretty redneck and probably racist, and do not like environmental scientists making eco noises about trashing the flora and fauna just to grow more beef and lamb.
Kid number two is in the Alps, doing the winter season restaurant thing and skiing. I don't know too much more than that, cause if I ask too many questions or try to give any advice, he very quickly makes any excuse to end the conversation. Funnily, if I simply nod and say nothing, he calls much more often. So I shut up and nod.
My daughter changed jobs completely. Left the inner city school and went up to a ski station in the Pyrenees, where she is a kind of camp counselor for groups of kids that come up during school term for skiing with their teachers. It sounds great, plus she can go back home (or stay and ski) on weekends. I know nothing about that neighbor of hers...she's not saying.
The youngest is off to the north of here driving carrot and cabbage harvesters. He brought back my dog, cause his work isn't condusive to keeping a pet, so I'm happy, but I think the dog prefers being with the boy. He pops back down for weekends and brings me carrots, some of which I've dehydrated in order to make soap with. Maybe this week he will bring me a cabbage so that I can try my hand at making sauerkraut. No, that won't be going into the soap.

My lousekits are workng to kill headlice all over town, and a bit further. The market stall, however, didn't work....nobody came near my stand, I'm sure it was because of the 'Poux' (headlice) sign. Lol. So I'm making soap, and it will he a soap stand, with lice on the side. Bastards!

GOG's daughter, Princess, has run away from her university and her lawyer studies. She also ran away from the lease on her apartment, leaving her innocent boyfriend saddled with the debt. Apparently, she went up to Paris to live with her dad's lawyer/lover, but thwt didn't work out, so she's now living with her mom, who is still pretty fragile from what GOG did to her.

Tomorrow is market day, so I'll do something about this long and silky growth on my face, and actually go out and see humans.

This working from home, plus not going out, plus not having worked temp for a while, has had the effect of changing me from a hoarder to back into an obsessive cleaner-and-putter-away-of-things....the house looks less like a crazy dump and more like one of those old and really crowded shelf five-and-dime stores. But I'm getting there...downstairs will be a soap shop, upstairs a workshop, and the attic an apartment.

I may be taking a break from France for a time. My mom, who has been bugging me for ages to come and visit, has now actually asked me to come and give her a hand. So I've applied for a passport, after thirty years of not having one around. It may take a few months, I'm told, and then I'm off to Hawaii for who knows how long (which has also been another reason to sort out the junk and the mess in this house...just runningvoff and leaving it, as I did when I ran away from GOG, was hell to come back to).
 
Posts: 16842 | Location: France | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post



  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 
 

Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    So if a heavy chain-smoker (one that rips the filters off of cigarettes) finally starts coughing and can't stop....

© Copyright 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010,2011,2012, MMX™ to Infinity. All material posted at Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora is protected under the Fair Use and Educational Purposes Act of 1869 and is regulated by the sovereign nation of Unclebobistan. If you post anything here, it will probably be copied and pasted all over the Inter web and people will laugh at you. So what else is new? Your friends and family are already laughing at you. The fair use of a copyrighted work for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, parody or research may be posted at Uncle Bob's.

Uncle Bob's would like to apologize to the following people or groups of people who we undoubtedly have offended over the course of the past few years. If you feel you have been personally offended then take this apology to be specifically for you. Otherwise, we apologize to Jewish Mexicans, President Barack Hussein Obama Mmm Mmm Mmm a.k.a. Hopey McChangey, Catholic Priests who dork little boys, vegetarians, Fruit Loop, Atkins' Diet adherents and other fat-asses, Dennis J. Olson, Delta Lady, Joe and his Socks, paranoid persona's, space aliens, Illegal Aliens, Boy Scouts, same sex aficionados, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Canadians, ditch diggers, people who support the aforementioned, people on Prozac, Mel Gibson, Nazi Mods, Tiger Woods, motorcycle gang members, rag heads or towel heads or any other Middle Eastern personas or personae, Crotch Bombers, Britney Spears, the blind, the entire Gay and Lesbian community, Charlie Sheen, Black Panthers, NAACP, and anybody who has ever been called Lard Ass.