Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    Mosquito fire
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Tools

Mosquito fire
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post

>>>

"LIVE! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!" Auntie Mame

>>>

I never asked for trust funds. They were thrust upon me. Have pity.

<<<

Posts: 4423 | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post

>>>

"LIVE! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!" Auntie Mame

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
They jumped on that quick, cut it off from our direction and then it turned to the NE of us. Hopefully get that one snuffed overnight. They're recalling our state/county resources from Boise Idaho. I guess there's a fire in Boise? A quick glance at the US fire map yesterday, it looked like a lot of this side of the continental divide is burning.

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
50,330 acres, 25% containment

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
Tuesday.. the OH SHIT! moment (9-8-22)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: raisedbypoodles,

>>>

>>>

<<<

43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
Firefighters put it all out there. Those photos would be so beautiful if they weren’t so disturbing.

Any word what started this fire?

The one over here was some fudge-nugget throwing a burning cigarette out of the car on the main highway.

Mowing sparked a fire out east of us when city workers mowed a dry highway border. It destroyed 18 houses behind the field.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Traitor Vic,

My easy-going nature is gettin' sorely fuckin' tested.

Posts: 9630 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1003 Tard Points
Picture of Jemima
posted Hide Post
Stay safe, Poodles. 1rose

Posts: 1444 | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
58,544 acres, 20% containment

quote:
Any word what started this fire?

It's "under investigation".

I can tell you how I first learned about the fire minutes after it started. I leave our citizens band radio on throughout the day. There's a retired man in Galt, CA that monitors local chatter and news and announces anything of significance.

I heard: "There's a fire up by xxxxx. Started by sabotage of power equipment."

I opened the local FB page, saw the photos and proceeded from there. That's all I know 1dunno1

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
night watch yawn
63,776 Acres, 20% Containment

>>>

>>>

<<<

Yeetcow
Picture of Jefiner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Galt, CA

Oh, dear.

Don't pet the fluffy murder cow.

Posts: 4155 | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of bigbadbossydawg
posted Hide Post
Rain is in the forecast - major storm of the year is upon us. It has certainly cooled down - went from 117 to 80 in one day. No complaints. Weird weather.

Posts: 1405 | Registered: September 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigbadbossydawg:
Rain is in the forecast - major storm of the year is upon us. It has certainly cooled down - went from 117 to 80 in one day. No complaints. Weird weather.

Thumbs Up We hit 115 at 3000'. Can't wait to see what winter brings after last year's destruction. We lost so many trees Frown The upside is they're firewood now.

67,669 Acres, 20% Containment
It's looking better, for our zone at least. We're really hoping to be done with this over the weekend and bring the horses home. Been hearing more talk about arson.

>>>

>>>

<<<

Picture of Mr Breeze
posted Hide Post
keeps getting bigger, thinking the winds are pushing it?

---------------------------
Call me the Breeze -------

Posts: 1018 | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've got a major storm heading our way Sunday. Calling for a couple of inches of rain. That will help the Mosquito fire.

posted Hide Post
71,292 Acres, 20% Contained

The fire agencies are wrestling with each other over whether to release us from evac status. They're in disagreement. We'll see what the day brings.

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
76,290 Acres, 39% Containment
Currently repopulating our zone

I've had about enough of this wildfire bullshit. Been doing more extensive research on multiple fronts. Every emergency declaration opens the cash spigots. Follow the money. Then there are the agendas that lost their 'theory' description a loooong time ago.

Can't wait to see what happens (if anything) this Saturday, 9-24.

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
In one of the daily updates they stated that they were using a UAV to assist with back-firing operations. hmmmm

DEWs ??

>>>

>>>

<<<

43,174 Tard Points
Her Royal Tardiness,
The Alpha Purge-Mistress
"Cares With A Fist"
Picture of Traitor Vic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raisedbypoodles:
In one of the daily updates they stated that they were using a UAV to assist with back-firing operations. hmmmm

DEWs ??

Yep, highly suspect!

My easy-going nature is gettin' sorely fuckin' tested.

Posts: 9630 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Short video, includes one more fly-over after the credits at the end

76,575 Acres, 60% Contained

>>>

>>>

<<<

posted Hide Post
My SIL's nephew is a firefighter and he's been working on the Mosquito fire. He's living out his childhood dream of being a firefighter.