Uncle Bob's World Famous Fora    Uncle Bob's    Uncle Bob's  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Forums  Hop To Forums  Time Out!    Time bomb becoming an echo chamber of stupidity
Go
New
Find
Tools

Time bomb becoming an echo chamber of stupidity
 Login/Join

Picture of Jombi
posted
I predict another booted member in 5, 4, 3... Farmer John has already left the building. Looks like coalcracker might be pressing his luck. Surely he's been around long enough to know you can't go against the "group think" of the mindless LardAss flock. They have no intention of listening to or even entertaining the thought of a differing opinion. They are there solely to stroke the ego of LardAss and add their own "Yeah, what he/she said!" to the posts.

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb...chamber-of-stupidity

Today 08:36 AM #1 coalcracker's Avatar coalcracker coalcracker is offline
Veteran Member

Time bomb becoming an echo chamber of stupidity
I like this forum. I like it a lot. That's why I'd like to address one aspect that hopefully we can improve. I start from the premise that discussion between opposing viewpoints is a good thing (when done politely, of course). We should value dissenting opinions. Iron sharpens iron.

So, I challenge you to guess where these threads are going:

1. Thread about Donald Trump.
2. Thread about Pope Francis.
3. Thread about EMP.
4. Thread about what's wrong with Mary Jo Latourneau.

You know, don't cha? And even though the majority opinion may be correct, the lack of meaningful discourse is quite CNN-like. Dissenting is a good thing. Keep this in mind when a dissonant voice enters the echo chamber.

Putting the fun in dysfunction

Posts: 248 | Registered: November 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Can Go Wrong
Picture of Charlie
posted Hide Post
Beat me by one minute.....lol

Obama Sucks!

Posts: 11169 | Registered: May 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jombi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
Beat me by one minute.....lol

Great minds!

Can one of our mods please merge?

Picture of dissimulo
posted Hide Post
Has he been in a coma for the past 10 years or more?

Posts: 2096 | Registered: April 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dissimulo
posted Hide Post
I always find it amusing that both conservatives and liberals think that they have the market cornered on fact-based discourse and that the double-edged exclusivity of this argument gives neither of them any pause.

Posts: 2096 | Registered: April 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jombi
posted Hide Post
We're all seen what happens when any strays from the thinking of the herd over there. Even poor FL and now Farmer John. What's wrong with a differing opinion? It would seem the brain trusts over there would want someone to challenge their thoughts and opinions. I may not agree with everything someone says, but can fully admit there have been times when I've reconsidered my opinion or even changed my mind. That entire group are like a bunch of parrots with their "Me too!" BS over and over. One posts something and the rest jump in to basically say the same thing ad nauseam. Heaven help the lost soul who dares to disagree or even offer a differing viewpoint. It's the same little clique of fanboys and girls on there constantly and LardAss wonders why membership and posts are down. I've seen how some of them treat newcomers. They are about as welcoming as a bunch of rabid dogs. It's their,... errr LardAss's forum and you had better get in lockstep or you'll be chastised, belittled, and eventually booted. Some good, intelligent members are now gone or rarely post anymore. For me, it's purely entertainment to watch them eat their own and turn on each other, mixed in with the "super peppers" who are too fucking fat and lazy to move from their computers and then they complain about how they'd do X but they can't because they are: broke, disabled, diabetic, shunned by family, or obese.
That said, I do miss Moley Mole and the ensuing panic her appearance would bring about.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jombi,

Picture of Jombi
posted Hide Post
Someone should correct LardAss - he meant "known" but God forbid anyone point out his errors the way his hypocritical ass does others:

"Today 09:36 AM #19 Dennis Olson's Avatar Dennis Olson Dennis Olson is offline
Chief Curmudgeon

On a personal note, I will sometimes get on a thread and take a contrarian position, one that I don't personally have, just to provide some dissonant balance.

Then you're being intellectually dishonest. That's also know as trolling , and I personally take a dim view of it."

Picture of Shinmen Takezo
posted Hide Post
What do you mean "becoming" an echo chamber of stupidity?

It always has been a massive echo chamber of retardism.

Unless you suck Larass's dick (which he dreams of BTW), and unless you keep your head up the asses of the degenerates, loosers, psycho's and pedophiles they call moderators you are on the shit-list.

Posts: 5480 | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fifth Column Freeper
Picture of MAXIMUS PANDAMONIUS
posted Hide Post
Right on brotha, praise da lord and PASS
DA AMMUNITION

Posts: 8040 | Registered: September 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Can Go Wrong
Picture of Charlie
posted Hide Post
It took him many years to first ban anyone who disagreed with him and then promote the newbies who grovel at his gout infested feet.

It is just fun as hell to watch that train wreck. Cheap entertainment.

Obama Sucks!

What Can Go Wrong
Picture of Charlie
posted Hide Post
Lardass shows how tough he is......

Dennis Olson

Chief Curmudgeon

Middle-of-the-road can be passionate and open-minded at the same time.
I hope you'll re-consider the wording in your final sentence above.

The time for “open mindedness” is over. We’re in a fight for the very existence of our country. “Open mindedness” is what the Marxists bleat while they’re beating us. I’m SO over that.

As to reconsidering one’s wording, I suggest YOU consider rewording your thread title and/or content to remove the hugely insulting word “stupidity”. You haven’t made any points with me, big boy...

Obama Sucks!

five nipple points
Picture of itsme
posted Hide Post
Big tough guy sure thing. Telling more people on that thread they can leave.

.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.

Do you like my boobies?

Please, please no picture's.

Repeal the 19th.

Posts: 1453 | Location: In your mother. | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post